At Oxford Quantum Circuits (OQC) we build quantum computers to enable life-changing discoveries: from new drug modelisation to longer-lasting battery technology and portfolio optimisation. We have launched Europe’s first Quantum Computing as a Service (QCaaS) to bring quantum to our customers’ fingertips and help them improve their operations and trailblaze new commercial and scientific approaches.
Our team is composed of 50+ people with various backgrounds in quantum physics, nanotechnologies, hardware, software and business operations from marketing to intellectual property. We are all bound by the desire to put OQC at the forefront of the quantum revolution and help solve some of the world’s most challenging problems.
As OQC’s Head of People you will play an instrumental role in shaping the future of the business and making sure we continue to cultivate our culture and values as we go through rapid growth. You will help hire and empower the best team we can possibly get, and develop and embed strategies, policies and processes to enable our team to seamlessly deliver the best work they are capable of. You will lead OQC to be the best place to work and grow in our industry. This role will require a hands-on individual, passionate about people, their development and career.
- Design and implement HR & People strategies, processes and policies
- Promote Embody. champion and build our company culture - bringing this to life in everything that we do.
- Partner with management to support day-to-day HRadvice, guidance and training to everyone across the company
- Champion our Diversity and Inclusion activities
- Create an innovative approach to company branding to attract the best talent in the market
- Develop career development paths for employees, and oversee the implementation of performance management throughout the company
- Address grievances, deal with termination, manage occupational health matters
- Strengthen our induction, engagement and retention activities
- Oversee our rewards and benefits programmes, constantly striving for a competitive edge in the market and aligning rewards with company ambitions
- Drive the delivery of major organisational change projects
We offer competitive remuneration based on experience.
We also offer multiple benefits, from private medical insurance to Employee Assistance Cash Plan, from cycle to work to gym and fitness memberships. All our employees also participate in our ESOP. For more info, visit our website.
REQUIRED QUALIFICATIONS AND SKILLS
- A formal Human Resources qualification (eg. CIPD Fellow or Member), providing excellent knowledge of UK labour laws, regulations and working practices
- 10+ years of experience working in similar HR Director or Head of People role
- Demonstrable experience working in an entrepreneurial/start-up environment, crafting and maintaining culture in a rapidly growing company
- Excellent leadership, empathy, communication and people skills, with the ability to converse across all seniority levels in the business
- Discreet, high integrity and fair in dealing with all people and situations
- Ability to analyse large amounts of data and produce meaningful reports to help shape the People strategies and provide ad hoc reports to the Executive team
As part of our application process we ask that you also provide us with a cover letter outlining why you think you would be a good fit for the role and what attracts you to OQC. Applications without a cover letter including this information will not be considered.
We look forward to hearing from you!
At OQC we are not just hoping you’ll fit in our culture. We aspire to thrive, as a company and as people, thanks to your diversity of thought and background. We are proud to be an equal opportunity employer and we are committed to providing our team members with a work environment free from discrimination, where everyone is treated with respect. Our employment decisions are based on business needs, talent and merit and all our colleagues share in the responsibility for fulfilling our commitment to diversity. If you need assistance or an accommodation due to a disability, or if you think we can do better with our recruitment process, please contact us.