At Oxford Quantum Circuits (OQC) we build quantum computers to enable life-changing discoveries: from new drug modelisation to longer-lasting battery technology and portfolio optimisation. We have launched Europe’s first Quantum Computing as a Service (QCaaS) – to bring quantum to our customers’ fingertips and help them improve their operations and trailblaze new commercial and scientific approaches.
Our team is composed of 50+ people with various backgrounds in quantum physics, nanotechnologies, hardware, software and business operations from marketing to intellectual property. We are all bound by the desire to put OQC at the forefront of the quantum revolution and help solve some of the world’s most challenging problems.
As OQC’s Information Security Specialist you will be responsible for developing the framework, governance, skills and behaviours of OQC’s information security roadmap.
We are looking for an experienced information security professional that thrives in a startup environment. You will be responsible for day to day information security activities as well as developing and maintaining our ISMS. You will develop processes that enable our agility to deliver our technical roadmap and customer requirements of certification whilst managing the risk landscape.
You will be adept at communicating with technical and non-technical staff internally and externally, and will be able to mentor and grow others.
- Direct and approve the design of security systems. Update as necessary.
- Ensure that disaster recovery and business continuity plans are in place and tested.
- Review and approve security policies, controls and cyber incident response planning.
- Approve and oversee identity and access management (IAM) policies.
- Understand the IT threat landscape for the industry.
- Ensure continued compliance with laws and applicable regulations in different territories.
- Schedule periodic security audits.
- Conduct security awareness training to all personnel and enforce compliance.
- Manage all teams, employees and third parties involved in IT security, which may include hiring.
- Become a trusted business adviser. Brief the executive team on risk management, including strategy and necessary budget.
- Choose and purchase security products from vendors.
- Conduct electronic discovery and digital forensic investigations.
We offer competitive remuneration based on experience.
We also offer multiple benefits, from private medical insurance to Employee Assistance Cash Plan, from cycle to work to gym and fitness memberships. All our employees also participate in our ESOP. For more info, visit our website.
REQUIRED QUALIFICATIONS AND SKILLS
- 5 Years experience in information security
- The ability to quantify the risks to different IT architectures, and then communicate to other executives how to manage that risk.
- Experienced in the implementation of an ISMS preferably ISO 27001 or similar.
- The ability to work with data scientists to detect and respond to threats.
- The ability to oversee pen testing to find vulnerabilities in all elements of a security system.
- Disaster recovery, including detecting an intrusion, isolating it and neutralising it before it can cause further damage.
- Data and information management, including classification, retention and destruction. It also means keeping corporate and personal data both private and secure while needed, and destroyed when it is no longer needed.
- Digital forensics, which means finding out what allowed an intrusion to occur so it can be prevented in the future.
- Security information and event management (SIEM) expertise.
- Knowledge of all applicable laws and compliance frameworks to enforce compliance.
DESIRABLE QUALIFICATIONS AND SKILLS
- Certified Information Systems Auditor (CISA)
- Certified Information Security Manager (CISM)
- Certified Information Systems Security Professional (CISSP)
LOCATION & TRAVEL
OQC’s office is located in Shinfield, Reading. There will be a requirement for occasional travel throughout the UK and elsewhere abroad for conferences, meetings and engineering visits.
Please apply now! As part of our application process we ask that you also provide us with a cover letter outlining why you think you would be a good fit for the role and what attracts you to OQC. Applications without a cover letter including this information will not be considered.