Who we are
Garrison is revolutionising the ways of working for governments, through enabling interoperability and access to data between different networks and systems that are normally prohibited through security policies and classifications.
Founded in 2014 in London, United Kingdom, the company has raised more than $50m to date from London investors including Dawn Capital, IP Group, NM Capital and BGF. Garrison’s strengths lie in its experienced and dedicated teams, building on years of expertise in cyber security to bring genuinely game changing technology to the industry.
Garrison is working to build the future of cyber security and is already deploying at scale in both the government and commercial space. Our existing customers are large organisations averaging over fifty thousand employees each, across sectors including banking, insurance, media, telco, law and government.
2022/23 is shaping up to be our busiest and most productive year yet, with increasing demand, steady growth, and plenty of impactful projects taking place!
What we do
We make the internet a far safer place for work and play. We develop cybersecurity products that bring together our own electronic hardware, firmware and software to provide an unrivalled combination of security, usability and performance to ensure that risky web content is never processed on the user’s endpoint device.
Our working culture
We are an exciting SME with ground-breaking technology; a very serious mission to solve real world problems, but with a positive and highly inclusive atmosphere, and an excellent work/life balance!
At Garrison we celebrate diversity and inclusion, and we’re focused on continuously improving equality for the benefit of our employees, products and community. We recruit, develop and retain talent purely on the basis of qualifications, merit and business needs.
We are proud to be an equal opportunity employer and we take every possible step to ensure that every person employed or seeking employment with us receives fair treatment. No-one shall be disadvantaged on the grounds of age, disability, gender, ethnicity, religion or belief, sexual orientation, marital and parental status, neurodiversity, social background, physical ability, illness or otherwise.
Overview of the role
Working closely with the wider Sales and AM teams, you will be contributing to the closing of new business with international government clients with view to establish valuable long-term relationships, optimising these relationships and increasing Garrison’s footprint within existing international government customers.
You will collaborate frequently with both technical and customer-facing teams within Garrison, playing a vital role in the business’s growth by rapidly qualifying and nurturing strong leads and converting them into signed contracts, ensuring revenue is maximised and customers remain consistently happy, and thus more likely to recommend our solutions to their peers.
The successful candidate will be a self-starter, both sharp and technically literate with the ability to deliver strong growth in client acquisition. Experience of cybersecurity sales into international government clients is a must, and ideally you will have cyber security industry knowledge and proven success in taking new and innovative cyber security solutions to market. A deep understanding of sales and account management best practice and business drivers for public sector clients, and an ability to communicate complex concepts to a wide range of audiences, including technical and non-technical customers is essential.
The role will involve occasional travel and anti-social hours to ensure we are servicing our clients as best as possible. This is a permanent role and could be offered on either a full-time or part-time basis (4 days a week).
- Contributing to the closing of new business with a focus on international government clients and our partners/resellers, and subsequently being pro-active in establishing key relationships at all levels to maximise opportunities for revenue growth and expanding Garrison’s footprint within these businesses.
- Leverage subject matter expertise to develop a deep understanding of Garrison’s product offering and how to align it to our prospective and existing international government clients' most strategic needs.
- Plan and implement a sales strategy targeting new customer acquisition for Cross Domain Solutions, partnering collaboratively with a group of existing Account Executives and/or Account Managers to align on the best approach.
- Strategically navigate and influence stakeholders in the buying process including users, influencers and budget decision makers, and in-country partners/resellers.
- Develop deep insights regarding customer use cases, internal decision-making nuances, budget cycles and other key information necessary to close the sale.
- Deliver powerful product demos and technical presentations to prospective customers that land relevant value drivers and align to customer pain points and desired outcomes.
- Drafting quotes and providing feedback into commercial documents within tight timeframes, whilst also appreciating the client’s and partner’s perspectives.
- Delivering required metrics (reporting of pipeline and orders), ensuring revenue is in line with or above plan, against quarterly and annual growth targets.
- Provide accurate forecasting on a monthly and quarterly basis.
- Keeping a close eye on market activity and trends, alongside regular competitor analysis.
- Remain up to date with the product roadmap to allow for a strategic approach to selling and upselling.
Skills and experience
- At least 5 years of experience of strategic sales experience to international clients, ideally in Europe and/or Middle East.
- Best in class approach to client relationship management, with a strong understanding of the end-to-end sales process, including the legal obligations and deal closing.
- Adept at strategically navigating and influencing all customer stakeholders in the buying process including users, influencers and budget decision makers.
- Skilled in delivery management and able to keep many plates spinning at one time, collaborating with different teams to see multiple concurrent projects through to conclusion.
- A consultative approach, ideally developed through a background encompassing both high-level account management and some new business development.
- Willingness to travel (international) and work anti-social hours.
- Collaboration with team members with excellent interpersonal skills.
- Self-motivation, adaptable, enjoys prospecting challenges and delivering results.
- Calmness under pressure, maintaining a diplomatic manner even when being challenged.
- Strong communication skills, both verbally and in writing.
- Willingness to apply for relevant security clearances, any existing clearances are non-essential but would be a bonus.
- Experience with Microsoft Dynamics or similar CRM a plus.
These are the employee benefits that we can offer you at Garrison:
- 25 days holiday allowance per year (with the opportunity to purchase more)
- Company pension scheme of 8% base salary (depending on minimum contribution)
- Personal annual training budget
- Share options
- Perkbox discounts
- Life assurance and critical illness cover
- Employee Assistance Programme
- Enhanced parental leave
- Income protection
- Cycle to work scheme
- Interest-free season ticket loans
- Flexible working hours and working from home options
- Daily fruit, snacks and drinks in our offices
- Regular socials – such as games and quiz nights, picnics, theatre, and lots more