Gousto is the UK’s leading recipe box company delivering precise ingredients, delicious recipes and a dollop of adventure to thousands of homes across the UK. As one of Europe’s fastest growing independent companies, you’ll be part of an exciting, expanding team and trailblazing company.
Food and tech is at the heart of what we do. Using industry-leading technology, we’ve connected over 6 million people to delicious food so far. By 2025 we’ll have delivered 400 million delicious meals to dinner tables across the country... and we’re only just getting started. Warrington WA5 is our biggest and newest Fulfilment Site, which was launched January 2022. One of the leading UK companies in AI and Automation Warrington is an exceptional factory, offering our customers the greatest choice - 370,000 potential recipe combinations to be precise! Our automated site is powered by genetic pick line propriety algorithm; the machines learn, to enable customisable orders = Choice. It's that simple!
Production Manager - Nights | 6pm till 6am - 4 on 4 off including weekends and bank holidays
We're on the hunt for a SUPERSTAR Production Manager! The ideal newbie to join the Gousto team at Warrington will be an expert in not just warehouse machinery but systems too; think automation / robotics problem-solving. You will have experience in the target driven FMCG world of production and fulfilment; understanding Supply chain, good-in and goods-out, as well as be our pick-line guru. You will have a deep knowledge of GMP, Continuous Improvement and GFS, with the gravitas to implement process in a new set-up; ensuring our teams feel valued and give every shift their best.
Key Tasks and Responsibilities:
- Ensure that health and safety is given a high priority and is considered in all plans, actions and activities. Drive uptake and completion of near misses by ops as well as managers.
- Driving the delivery of key operational KPI’s: OTIF, labour, GMP, changeover times, throughputs that deliver against plan, and maintain quality standards.
- Work closely with the planning and supply chain team to ensure sufficient resources are available to meet order requirements whilst effectively managing costs.
- Lead the continuous improvement agenda and GFS in all areas of the manufacturing operation.
- Managing people: ensuring the team are recruited, trained, engaged and understand OKR's. Disciplinaries, Periodical Performance reviews undertaken, and absenteeism levels managed.
- Work closely with Engineering: ensuring machinery is effectively maintained and serviced.
- Develop and maintain a quality culture to ensure quality and technical standards are understood and embraced by the operational team.
- Plan, organise and measure direct labour & agency requirements to ensure agreed targets are met.
- Ensure that any documented non-conformances relating to product safety, quality and legality are investigated and corrective action put in place as appropriate and within a week of receipt.
- Play a key role in capital expenditure projects.
- Chairing supervisor management group meetings.
- Stand in for The Operations Manager, when not on site.
- ideally Food Safety Level 3, HACCP and IOSH
- GFS experience
- Automated fulfilment & production experience
Skills, knowledge and abilities required to be effective in this position:
- Previous experience gained within a similar role in an FMCG environment.
- Excellent organisational skills.
- A confident and forward-thinking team player.
- Excellent attention to detail, flexibility and problem-solving.
- Budgetary/ financial awareness.
- A high level of computer literacy – in particular, Google sheets.
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills, including the ability to effectively communicate with internal and external customers, and lead team briefs.
- Ability to work under pressure and meet deadlines
- Leadership skills, keen to develop, educate and drive change from within.
- Lean competency and or Lean project experience.
- ref #LI-NS1
- Holidays - 21 days of holiday (inc. bank holidays) increasing with the length of service.
- Discounted Gousto boxes - 40% staff discount on Gousto boxes and 25% for your family and friends plus your first box free
- Dr Gousto Healthcare via Babylon Health
- Access to Gousto Academy training courses
- Gym / Classpass Membership
- Cycle to work scheme