Gousto are on a mission to become the UK's favourite way to eat dinner!
Delicious recipes, precise ingredients & a dollop of adventure, delivered to your door. We have invested into our technology, data capability and our product to ensure the customer is at the heart of what we do. Every aspect of our business is powered by our passion.
Whether it is innovation through our recipe development, building algorithms to optimise our recipe box journey or devising strategies to reduce plastic and food waste. All our teams play a part in our amazing growth in the UK!
Our DREAM? To be the most-loved way to eat dinner, and for every meal to leave the planet better off. Gousto is changing how people shop, cook and eat food at home. It’s an incredibly exciting time to join our team!
Production (Shift) Supervisor #LI-NS1
Salary of circa £35,000 | Start dates - ASAP | Shifts 1800 - 6.00 4 on 4 off rotation
We're looking for an experienced Supervisor to join our brand new night shift. The ideal person will have a Fulfilment and Production FMCG background; experienced in both mechanical automation and systems. You'll also be a strategic Supervisor; bringing Continuous Improvement practice and employee engagement principles with you. You'll be rewarded with tons of creative autonomy, room for growth and progression as well as recognition from our expert Leadership team.
Some role responsibilities:
- Manage: a large team of Team Leaders, Section Leaders and Operatives; including managing levels of absenteeism, amongst the team at all times in accordance with the procedures laid down in the Company Policies.
- Production: Understand and interpret specifications to ensure that the forward planning of production is achieved in the most cost-effective manner possible and optimising efficiencies.
- Host and manage team meetings, shift hand-over
- Communicating and meeting targets (OTIF On time in full)
- Manage the consistent implementation of the Quality and HACCP Plans.
- Ensure that you have a complete and thorough knowledge of the budget within your department and report any variance against these standards, on a weekly basis to your senior manager, coupled with an explanation of action taken to eliminate adverse variances.
- Previous experience in a similar role with Management / Supervisory experience
- Automation, production and fulfilement experience
- Excellent IT skills particularly Word and Excel.
- Excellent communication and interpersonal skills as interaction at all levels of the business will be required.
- Excellent organisational skills are a must in this fast moving and challenging environment.
- A confident, forward thinking team player.
- Excellent attention to detail.
At Gousto we are constantly looking to evolve our benefits for our people. Employees at Gousto are the key ingredient to our success and growth!
All Gousto employees are offered a benefits package of:
- Holidays - 21 days of holiday (inc. bank holidays) increasing with the length of service.
- Discounted Gousto boxes - 40% staff discount on Gousto boxes and 25% for your family and friends plus your first box free
- Dr Gousto Healthcare via Babylon Health
- Access to Gousto Academy training courses
- Gym Membership
- Cycle to work scheme
- Quarterly team socials and mixed team events
- Coffee/ Tea, fruit and ice cream provided every single day to keep you fresh
- Your first Gousto box FREE
For the full Gousto list of benefits just get in touch and we can share all the details!
Whether it is creating diversity in our recipes or building new teams, we care about our people and the opportunities they have at Gousto.
We are committed to equality of opportunity across our organisation. At all levels we promote equality, ensuring our people are consistently treated in a fair and equal manner.