Dear new Junior Solutions Engineer
It’s funny to think you’re reading this, even though we haven’t actually met yet. But, given that you’re the new junior solutions engineer who’s going to take our amazing team to the next level, we just wanted to say hi. Alex, our Senior Solutions Engineer is especially excited to meet you - first because he’s great and a pleasure to work with but, secondly, because he knows just how fascinating a time this is to be joining Buyapowa, as we enter our biggest ever period of worldwide growth.
So, welcome to Buyapowa, new Junior Solutions Engineer, We can’t wait for you to start
This is what makes Buyapowa Buyapowa:
Traditional marketing is dead. That's why we're building what comes next - a whole new channel to attract and acquire customers that reflects the way that people discover, fall in love and shop with today's leading brands.
We're thrilled that more and more clients including BT, Vodafone, HSBC, Centrica, and Ralph Lauren are joining Buyapowa on this adventure, each and every day. But, cards on the table, when we started out over 10 years ago, we had no idea we'd become the global leader in what we do. And, while we've got huge plans for the years ahead, we're just as excited by the unknown future as we are by the storied past.
We love new people, new ideas, new skills, new angles, new problems and new solutions. That's why we're not going to say something dumb like: "The ideal candidate went to this school, worked at that business and has this personality, that skillset and these boxes checked on their resume". If we knew exactly what we wanted, we wouldn't need you. So come show us what we're missing.
We think these things are pretty obvious, but we're a bit grossed-out that no one else is really saying them:
- No one wants to be compelled to commute into an office anymore. That's why, while Buyapowa has offices around the world (and we love getting together face-to-face), we're fully committed to the virtual workspace, and we're delighted that our team gets to work wherever in the world they call home.
- No one's worked at Buyapowa until they work at Buyapowa. So, while we value experience, we know that the greatest experience you can have is the experience you'll gain once you start working with us.
- No one stops being talented just because they're in their 50s or 60s. We love fresh ideas, but we don't have a weird youth fetish like some other employers.
- That said, Mozart was composing classics when he was only five years old. So, if you're just starting out on your journey, that's amazing too.
- Apparently, the average person changes career 5-7 times over the course of their working life. Between you and us, we think that might be BS, but either way: we don't care if this is your first and only career or you're embarking on change number 5, 6 or 7. If you've got the talent, we want you.
- We actively celebrate all forms of diversity, and we'll love the way you look, the things you believe in, the life you live and the people you love.
So, that's us. We love building the future and we love the people we're building the future with. If you're the future-building kind, and you've got the smarts to back it up, the job's already yours.
Being a key member of the Product Team you will support Sales, CS & Tech teams to manage a broad range of client accounts. Using Buyapowa’s technology to help clients create and run their own refer-a-friend programmes online, in-app and in-store.
Understanding the Buyapowa platform and being a technical ambassador; the first point of call when someone needs to understand the basics of how the technology operates.
Ensuring that clients get the most out of the platform through guiding them through our on-boarding process and jumping back in to assist if there are issues once live. * Helping clients run successful campaigns by guiding their tech teams through our simple technology solutions, ensuring that they realise all of the current and upcoming platform features that they could use.
What you will do:
- Help new clients on-board Work directly with new clients and Buyapowa Implementations team to understand their needs and assist with smoothly on-boarding our technology. Learning web technologies will greatly help with the role, as often clients will have questions about embedding HTML pages and how to make light visual / CSS tweaks to their campaigns.
- Assist our sales team with technical queries You’ll use your product knowledge to help when a potential client has technical queries about how the solution works or new ideas about how they could integrate.
- Produce Process Flows: You will be trained to assist sales and implementation team with creating technical process flows to be shared with prospects and clients. Maintain and update a library of standard flows and control any variations that are shared with clients.
- Engineering solutions: Attend meetings with clients and prospects to ensure the optimal technical solution is achieved for both client and Buyapowa
- Provide support to live clients When there’s a technical issue, you’ll jump in and help our live clients sort it out, escalating to our development team when required. You won’t need to get down to writing back-end code to sort out issues, however understanding what’s possible is certainly a bonus.
- Investigate technical issues When an anomaly is spotted with a client’s typical customer journey, usage frequency or monthly effectiveness of the platform, you’ll be on the front line to monitor what’s gone wrong. You'll make the call for whether it can be fixed simply using the platform's features, or whether it needs more intense support; are there technical issues to be fixed by development, a design issue blocking customers from understanding what's what, or a marketing issue in which we can make some much more modern suggestions?
- Help us to build a really awesome product. You have a passion for turning your experiences with clients into learning and insight used to improve the Buyapowa product.
- Detail oriented
- Client facing
- Able to express technical solutions easily
- Able to explore and solve technical issues
- Absolutely fluent in both English and Spanish, written and spoken
Bonus points for:
- Being good at solving puzzles
- Preferring simple to engineered
- Enjoy asking questions to learn
We love you. Here’s why you’ll love us back:
- Learning & development. We’ll give you the opportunity to learn, including a personal learning budget for your professional growth.
- Ownership. We’ve got big plans and we want you to share in the upside. That’s why you’ll get to participate in a generous equity incentive plan.
- Wellbeing. We’re looking forward to seeing you grow in your professional life, but we also care about your wellbeing. That’s why you’ll receive an annual wellness budget, to spend just on you - no questions asked.
- Work / life balance. Taking a break is super important to all of us. In fact, it’s something that’s gently encouraged, coaxed and nudged on a regular basis.
- Remote-work ready. Our ethos is to prioritise remote working. While we have hubs and we love getting together, our priority is to invest in getting you set up to work remotely. So, whatever you need to be amazing, it’s on us.
- Family life. Being part of the Buyapowa family is important to us, but we know you have a life outside of our team, too. Whatever family / home life looks like to you, we offer flexible working.