For over 40 million people in the UK, spectacles are the first thing reached for in the morning, and the last thing taken off at night. Even the overworked smartphone can’t seize pole position. But the optical industry hasn’t changed in over three centuries. Products are tired, standards are poor, and glasses wearers have got used to sub-standard experiences. The reason we exist is to change this for the better. We’re not an eyewear brand. We’re a spectacles maker. At the heart of our business are our frames - handmade from the best materials. Designed to be worn, serviced, repaired and renewed.
Our team is always looking to improve, finding new solutions that are simpler or simply better (Pioneer). They take pride in their work, doing things properly (Proud). All without ego. Humble, accessible and empathetic (For All). Equally important is building an equal and diverse workforce with the goal of building an inclusive culture with opportunities for all. If this sounds like the kind of company you want to work for, we’d love to hear from you.
- Sales invoice processing and reconciliation, including day to day monitoring
- Accounts Payable processing, including statement reconciliation, approval process and management of company expenses
- Undertake BACS and foreign payment runs loading payments onto banking platform
- Bank reconciliations including intercompany bank transactions
- Reconciliation and support of wholesale accounts, including liaising with customers
- Maintaining effective filing of company documents and records
- Supporting general company compliance and administration including payroll, statutory reporting, tax, VAT returns, turnover reporting and companies office regulations
- Assisting the Finance Manager with month end tasks including prepayments, accruals, balance sheet reconciliations, journal entries and other requirements
- Managing the Finance Inbox ensuring any queries and requests are answered in a timely manner.
- Managing and maintaining all utilities, rates and rent invoices for our portfolio of stores. Ensuring invoices are received, meter readings are submitted and information is up to date.
Who you are
- Well organised, diligent and motivated approach
- One to two years accounting experience specifically covering Accounts Payable and Accounts Receivable
- Proficient skills with excel or google sheet, word docs and presentations
- Good understanding of various accounting processes and systems, specifically Xero
- Proactive approach to learning with an ambition to develop their accounting career
- High attention to detail within your day to day management
- Great communication skills to be able to work with all levels of the company and external stakeholders
Some nice things you’ll get
- Complementary spectacles
- Bespoke holiday allowance
- Personalised training and development with exclusive access to the YCN platform
- Yoga classes and lots of company socials
- Mental Health Partnership with Thrive: Mental Wellbeing
- Unlimited You Can Now Business Skills Training
- Qualified financial expert Bippit
Contract: (PT or FT, Kings Cross)
Salary: £22,000- 26,000