Customer Service Associate
For over 40 million people in the UK, spectacles are the first thing reached for in the morning, and the last thing taken off at night. Even the overworked smartphone can’t seize pole position. But the optical industry hasn’t changed in over three centuries. Products are tired, standards are poor, and glasses wearers have got used to sub-standard experiences. The reason we exist is to change this for the better. We’re not an eyewear brand. We’re a spectacles maker. At the heart of our business are our frames - handmade from the best materials. Designed to be worn, serviced, repaired and renewed.
Our team is always looking to improve, finding new solutions that are simpler or simply better (Pioneer). They take pride in their work, doing things properly (Proud). All without ego. Humble, accessible and empathetic (For All). Equally important is building an equal and diverse workforce with the goal of building an inclusive culture with opportunities for all. If this sounds like the kind of company you want to work for, we’d love to hear from you.
- Manage email, live chat, telephone, and social media channels for all customer enquiries in a timely and professional manner. Work together with the Operations team to provide a fast order turnaround
- Operations focused, ensuring communication is effective and actioned.
- Processing orders, managing returns and daily reporting
- Confidently offer style advice and answer product and prescription queries
- Problem solving and ownership of any escalated issues and ensure a fast resolution
- Proactively identifying trends in customers feedback to improve our processes, product and technology
- Adhering to goals and targets set for the team.
- Follow up with customers when necessary to ensure an outstanding experience is provided during the customers journey
- Offer support to our retail teams to help create a seamless customer experience
- Report any system issues in a timely manner
- Engage with colleagues from all other departments to ensure we are always improving our systems and service with clear communication.
Who are you
- You must be genuinely passionate about helping people
- A highly productive, organised, self-starter who can work independently
- Forward thinker who rises to any challenge
- Have exceptional attention to detail
- Demonstrate exceptional customer handling, interpersonal and written communication skills
- Be an effective problem-solver and capable of managing a diverse range of responsibilities
- You have 1 year + experience in customer service and operations
- Optical experience or knowledge is preferable but not essential
- A genuine passion for spectacles, including their design and history
Some nice things you’ll get
- Complementary spectacles
- Bespoke holiday allowance
- Personalised training and development with exclusive access to the YCN platform
- Yoga classes and lots of company socials
- Mental Health Partnership with Thrive: Mental Wellbeing
- Unlimited You Can Now Business Skills Training
- Qualified financial expert Bippit
Working hours: 40 hours per week, including Saturday’s.
Contract: (FT, Kings Cross)