Location: London (Oval), United Kingdom
Zen builds and scales online marketplaces which revolutionise the way organisations manage short and long term staffing needs.
In 2017 we launched Zen Educate, an online platform that has saved UK schools over £5M to date in supply teaching and recruitment costs. Think Uber for teachers.
Building on this success, we launched Zen Locum this summer - an online platform that matches locums (temporary workers) with pharmacies and opticians. We’ve had significant early traction in both verticals. Off the back of our traction in healthcare and education, we’re growing the team rapidly.
We are well-funded by high-profile investors and are led by start-up veterans behind two of London's most prominent tech companies.
Your chance to make a difference
This is your chance to join a high growth tech scaleup on the ground floor. As a key member of the Management Team you will play a significant role in the development of the company and have the opportunity for rapid career progression and learning.
- Own all aspects of our people function including sourcing, hiring, learning & development, people operations, and retention
- Design and own Zen Educate’s People Strategy and be responsible for the delivery
- Directly manage a high-performing People Team (currently 4 individuals) within an organisation of 120 people looking to double over the coming year
- Communicate our People Roadmap at all levels of the organisation (at the Board, Management Team, and Company-wide level)
- Drive employee development and retention
- Participate in coaching, counselling and advising of management and staff to ensure resolution of all employment related matters
- Provide guidance & training to managers and the broader team
- Support the Senior Leadership Team in Organisational Design
- Get your hands dirty. Like any true start-up, no two weeks will be the same and a general interest in ‘mucking in’ and just getting the job done is crucial
Our ideal Candidate
- University or Advanced Degree
- 5+ years of hands-on experience in either People Functions (Human Resources), Talent Acquisition, or a related discipline
- Deep knowledge and passion for how to build a world class People Function – we’re looking for someone keen to roll their sleeves up and get stuck in
- Growth mindset – dedicated to growing your skills as a professional and ready to step in and own the entire People function
- Passion for the education sector and commitment to the company’s success
- Strong bias to action
- We’re happy to consider Full-time or Part-time candidates
What's in it for you?
- Competitive salary
- Ownership in the company via stock options
- 25 days holiday
- Convenient Central London office
- Fun-loving, tight-knit team solving a problem that makes a difference
- Summer hours, lunch-time yoga, free fresh fruit and various other perks