A new online events platform is seeking an experienced web developer to join a small London-based team. Our mission is to grow and develop a web-based family events platform and ticketing service.
- Comfortable with custom-coding a variety of web applications
- Knowledge and experience of all stages of web development from ideation to deployment
- Good communication skills
- Fluent level of English language is necessary
Good Use Of:
- Database: MySQL
- Other: GIT
- Optional: experience with Docker, GCP, AWS, Python, React Native, Scrum (or other agile methodologies), TDD/BDD would be a bonus
- Ensuring the smooth running of the events platform
- Optimizing for fast page-loading speeds and no service interruptions
- Planning and architecting the development of a number of new features
- Delivering projects to agreed deadlines
- Delivering projects in good quality and after thorough testing
- Problem-solving any issues with the site, including diagnosing and correcting any bugs
- Able to work either alone or in a small team
- Able to communicate effectively with the other team members, both those with and without technical knowledge
You would be working in a small team of web developers and a designer. The right candidate should be based in/around London, UK and able to commute to North London for office-based work two days a week.
About Our Company
We develop projects for two digital platforms geared towards parents. One is a custom-built events platform for finding local events, and the other is an online parenting community and editorial website with over a million annual visitors.