Job Title: Finance Assistant
Adzuna is a job search engine that lists every job, everywhere. From its launch in the UK in 2011, we now have more than 11 million visitors a month and are busy conquering the world from our office in West London, helping millions of people find better, more fulfilling jobs.
We are now seeking an Finance Assistant to join our growing team.
Reporting to the Finance Manager you will be responsible for key parts of the finance function, supporting our fast growing scale-up business across multiple geographies and business segments.
In this role you will take ownership of our Accounts Payable processes, ensuring accurate and timely recognition of our costs, and payments to suppliers, working in multiple currencies across our international legal entities. You will also support the Finance team to maintain our ledgers and help with the monthly close process, reporting and annual audit.
We are a small team and the role will also require some support for wider operational support and some office administration. We all roll our sleeves up and support the business so a can do attitude is key.
This is a great opportunity to learn the skills of company accounting whilst working in a small team who have the experience and time to really help you grow. The business has ambitious growth plans, including further M&A, so further opportunities will abound.
- Managing our Accounts Payable process
- Accurate recording of supplier invoices
- Monitoring and reporting on key spend
- Working across the business to ensure invoices are correct
- Supplier queries and payments
- Balance sheet reconciliations
- Cost reporting and analysis
- Assisting on monthly accounting close and reporting
- Support the finance team on annual audit and ad hoc reporting
- Ad hoc Operational support
- 2-3 years experience in an finance role with exposure to accounts payable
- A degree (2:1 or better) and/or accounting technical qualification
- You 'know' Excel with a keen-ness to learn new numerical tools and skills
- Exposure to Xero is a plus but...we can teach you this
- A desire to learn and grow
- Organised, efficient, detail-oriented and smart
- Excellent interpersonal skills
What’s in it for you?
Adzuna is a growing scale-up, championing real change in the job market globally - using the power of tech to match people to better, more fulfilling jobs. We’re at a really pivotal time in our journey and it’s an exciting moment to join. We’re growing rapidly in the US in particular on the back of cutting-edge programmatic technology, expanding our labour market data offerings and growing year on year (and hiring!) despite COVID-19.
- Reward: We offer a competitive financial package which includes competitive salary, stock options (we are all owners!) and a contributory pension scheme.
- Wellbeing: Amongst other things, we offer healthcare through Babylon Health; enhanced maternity and paternity leave; 25 days paid holiday per year plus 8 bank holidays; and a full programme of wellbeing activities and events.
- Hybrid working: We are a fully hybrid company - half our workforce are remote. With employees located in different time zones, we embrace asynchronous work and ensure that everything we do reflects the hybrid nature of our workforce so that everyone feels included. We also have a travel programme to help facilitate teamwork across our global teams.
- Flexible working: For those working out of one of our offices (non-remote), we have a flexible working policy which means any full time employee can work from home 2-3 days per week - you can choose your office days. You can also request to work additional days from home.
- Diversity & inclusion: We are committed to hiring a diverse workforce and creating an environment where everyone feels included and welcome. Our D&I committee helps deliver a programme of activities and actions to support this important area of focus.
- Training: Learning and development is an important pillar of our culture and there are plenty of opportunities to learn, develop and grow whether through our Adzuna Academy training programme, attending conferences, team training budgets, individual development plans and coaching from experienced and supportive peers and managers.
- Fun stuff: We have a packed social calendar, twice annual global team get-togethers and an enviable culture thanks to the amazing and smart people who make Adzuna a great place to work. Lots of this is done virtually to ensure that everyone is included.
A bit more about Adzuna
Adzuna is a smarter, more transparent job search engine used by tens of millions of visitors per month. We love using the awesome power of technology to bring together every job in one place, help match people to better, more fulfilling jobs and keep Britain working.
Adzuna.co.uk is a 100 person business operating across 20 territories and was founded in 2011 by Andrew Hunter and Doug Monro, formerly of eBay, Gumtree, Qype and Zoopla.
We are backed by leading Venture Capital firms Passion Capital, LocalGlobe, Index Ventures and Smedvig Capital.
We’ve spent a decade developing smarter, more transparent job search so jobseekers worldwide (we’re in 20 countries) can zero in on the right role faster.
We also supply real-time data to the Number 10 Dashboard and Office for National Statistics labour market indices. In 2018, Adzuna won the contract to run Find a job, one of the British government’s most used online services.
We treat jobseekers as people not as products. We do the same for our team, seeing the diverse range of strengths they bring to our business. Regardless of background, race, gender, sexuality or ability, we welcome everyone to our team. Our people are the most important asset we have.
Please let us know if we need to accommodate a disability during the hiring process, so that we can give you the support you need.
Proud member of the Disability Confident employer scheme.