With over 35 nationalities and a range of backgrounds represented in our Benevolent team, we aim to build an inclusive environment where our people can bring their authentic selves to work, be respected for who they are and the exceptional work they do. We welcome and actively encourage applications from all sections of society and are committed to offering equal employment opportunities regardless of sex, race, religion or belief, ethnic or national origin, marital, domestic or civil partnership status, sexual orientation, gender identity, parental status, disability, age, citizenship, or any other basis. We see our diversity as an asset as we tackle challenging problems that bridge the gap between drug discovery and technology.
This is an exciting opportunity to join an expanding group supporting a growing pipeline of projects. We are looking for a motivated individual with a track record of working within project teams as the DMPK point of contact, able to show how they successfully influenced the progress of the teams they were a part of. Reporting to the Director Drug Discovery, DMPK, the individual will play an important role in helping to shape the non clinical DMPK and PK/PD strategy for projects. They will be expected to engage fully in multi-functional collaborations to support profiling of lead compounds /drug candidates, building a clear picture of IVIVC PK/PD, and ultimately to support progression of drug candidates through to the clinic.
- You will be responsible for delivering robust IVIVC strategies and experienced in providing solutions to scaling problems
- Interpretation and communication of DMPK data and recommendations to drug discovery project teams to aid effective drug design and risk mitigation
- You will lead DMPK activities within a project and work with colleagues within and across projects, influencing the way we support drug discovery and development
- Develop and execute effective non clinical PK/PD strategies from early discovery through to development, ultimately delivering robust human pk and dose prediction
- Write ADME sections of IB, and drug development plan
- You will have the opportunity to manage and/or mentor junior members of the group
- Aid in the design and implementation of the DMPK strategy for the wider DMPK organisation
- You will have the opportunity to work within the wider drug discovery group, providing input across all stages of the pipeline
We are looking for someone with:
- Ideally experienced in candidate profiling for LO, preclinical and clinical development, with proven problem solving and critical thinking skills.
- Experienced in determination and interpretation of ADME properties, IVIVC, human dose prediction, understanding of PBPK, calculation of safety margins, able to adapt study designs.
- Up to date with industry practice and regulatory guidance, including MIST guidelines.
- As a key contributor within a cross functional team you should be comfortable working in a fast paced, dynamic environment and on multiple projects with changing priorities and deadlines
- You will be an excellent communicator, able to collaborate with internal and external colleagues. You will be willing to share knowledge with more junior members of the team with the possibility of line management responsibilities.
- Experience with Phoenix ( experience with PBPK modelling packages would be a bonus)
BenevolentAI (AMS: BAI) is a leading, clinical-stage AI-enabled drug discovery company listed on the Euronext Amsterdam stock exchange. Through the combined capabilities of its AI platform, scientific expertise, and wet-lab facilities, BenevolentAI is well-positioned to deliver novel drug candidates with a higher probability of clinical success than those developed using traditional methods. BenevolentAI has a consistently proven track record of scientifically validated discoveries. The BenevolentAI Platform™ powers a growing in-house pipeline of over 20 disease programmes, spanning from target discovery to clinical studies, and it maintains successful collaborations with AstraZeneca, as well as leading research and charitable institutions. BenevolentAI is headquartered in London, with a research facility in Cambridge (UK) and a further office in New York.
We share a passion for being part of a mission that matters, and we are always looking for curious and collaborative people who share our values and want to be part of our journey. If that sounds like a fit for you, hit the ‘apply’ button and join us.
Want to do a little more research before you apply?
Head over to our Glassdoor page to learn about our benefits, culture and to find out what our team think about life at Benevolent. You can also find out more about us on LinkedIn and Twitter.