Job Title: PR & Content Executive
Salary: £30,000 - £35,000
Location: London (hybrid)
Adzuna is a job search engine that lists every job, everywhere. From launch in the UK in 2011, we now have more than 10 million visitors a month and are busy conquering the world from our office in West London, helping millions of people find better, more fulfilling jobs.
Adzuna’s success to date has been down to the skills, hard work and determination of the brilliant and diverse group of people we have hired across the globe. Right now, we're seeking an experienced PR & Content Executive to help take our global brand to the next level. You may currently be working as a Senior Account Executive within a PR, social or content agency, you may be an Account Executive looking for your next challenge, or you may be within a marketing or content role in house. This is an incredible opportunity to develop your skills on global communication campaigns, with a focus on the US and UK markets, working alongside our world class marketing team to build our global brand through PR, Content & Social Media.
Reporting into and working closely with our Senior PR & Content Manager, you’ll take the lead on our busy in-house press office, responding to media inquiries, forging relationships with journalists, creating and selling-in media stories, and managing our freelancers. You will support us with managing our US PR agency and guiding responses to US media requests, and will be a natural when it comes to making sense of big data, writing and editing copy and executing high impact PR campaigns. You’ll be integral to content creation, PR & brand activity in our key markets. These are fundamental to the continued growth of our global business and we’re looking for an individual to build on the success we’ve already had.
This is an integrated communications and content role with an emphasis on PR, content creation, and social media for both B2C and B2B channels. The right candidate will be able to progress quickly within a low-hierarchy, fast-growing company. The Marketing team will benefit from your experience to date but even more important is the passion you bring to work every day. You will strive for excellence, try new things, inspire and engage those around you and feel ownership of overall company success as well as pride in doing your bit.
What’s in it for you?
What’s in it for you? Adzuna is a growing scale-up, championing real change in the job market globally - using the power of tech to match people to better, more fulfilling jobs. We’re at a really pivotal time in our journey and it’s an exciting moment to join. We’re growing rapidly in the US in particular on the back of cutting-edge programmatic technology, expanding our labour market data offerings and growing year on year (and hiring!) despite COVID-19.
Like everyone here, you will act like an owner, be a team player and make a difference. It’s an opportunity to work with a smart team led by experienced management and dedicated and passionate founders. You have the chance to own your and the company’s growth in terms of:
- Scaling our PR and content activity in the UK and US
- Developing our social media platforms, building engagement and followings
- Initiating creative ideas to support our brand strategy
- Defining media-jacking opportunities to insert us into the conversation
- Learning how PR and content fits within a wider marketing function
We want to realise the next level of success and you will utilise your own skills and experience across PR and content to meet our goals.
It’s not an easy feat, but our aim is to create a business of which we are all proud and an environment where you will love to be, where you can be yourself to do what you do best.
We don’t like to put people in boxes, but you’re likely to be able to demonstrate experience of, or aptitude for much of the below:
- 2+ years experience within a PR, social or content agency or in house marketing or content role
- Demonstrable experience of media relations, press release writing, and journalist relations
- Fluency in English and a strong communicator (written and verbal) with a flair for creative writing and copywriting
- Analytical, strong with numbers and able to turn large data sets into insights/ a story
- Able to quickly build relationships over the phone and in person
- Interested in current affairs and the news, with a continuous improvement mentality and appetite to learn
- Most of all you must be hands-on, entrepreneurial, organised and thrive on juggling a lot of balls
It’s a bonus if you have:
- Knowledge/experience of social media and/or social community building
- Aptitude for online PR - a real appreciation for the digital world and the growing significance of SEO in this area
- Knowledge of/experience working with US media landscape
- Experience working for a high-growth start-up or scale-up
- Reward: We offer a competitive financial package which includes competitive salary, stock options (we are all owners!) and a contributory pension scheme.
- Wellbeing: Amongst other things, we offer healthcare through Babylon Health; enhanced maternity and paternity leave; 25 days paid holiday per year plus 8 bank holidays; and a full programme of wellbeing activities and events.
- Hybrid working: We are a fully hybrid company - half our workforce are remote. With employees located in different time zones, we embrace asynchronous work and ensure that everything we do reflects the hybrid nature of our workforce so that everyone feels included. We also have a travel programme to help facilitate teamwork across our global teams.
- Flexible working: For those working out of one of our offices (non-remote), we have a flexible working policy which means any full time employee can work from home 2-3 days per week - you can choose your office days. You can also request to work additional days from home.
- Diversity & inclusion: We are committed to hiring a diverse workforce and creating an environment where everyone feels included and welcome. Our D&I committee helps deliver a programme of activities and actions to support this important area of focus.
- Training: Learning and development is an important pillar of our culture and there are plenty of opportunities to learn, develop and grow whether through our Adzuna Academy training programme, attending conferences, team training budgets, individual development plans and coaching from experienced and supportive peers and managers.
- Fun stuff: We have a packed social calendar, twice annual global team get-togethers and an enviable culture thanks to the amazing and smart people who make Adzuna a great place to work. Lots of this is done virtually to ensure that everyone is included.
A bit more about Adzuna
Adzuna is a smarter, more transparent job search engine used by tens of millions of visitors per month. We love using the awesome power of technology to bring together every job in one place, help match people to better, more fulfilling jobs and keep Britain working.
Adzuna.co.uk is a 100 person business operating across 20 territories and was founded in 2011 by Andrew Hunter and Doug Monro, formerly of eBay, Gumtree, Qype and Zoopla.
We are backed by leading Venture Capital firms Passion Capital, LocalGlobe, Index Ventures and Smedvig Capital.
We’ve spent a decade developing smarter, more transparent job search so jobseekers worldwide (we’re in 20 countries) can zero in on the right role faster.
We also supply real-time data to the Number 10 Dashboard and Office for National Statistics labour market indices. In 2018, Adzuna won the contract to run Find a job, one of the British government’s most used online services.
We treat jobseekers as people not as products. We do the same for our team, seeing the diverse range of strengths they bring to our business. Regardless of background, race, gender, sexuality or ability, we welcome everyone to our team. Our people are the most important asset we have.
Please let us know if we need to accommodate a disability during the hiring process, so that we can give you the support you need.
Proud member of the Disability Confident employer scheme.