Adzuna is a job search engine that lists every job, everywhere. From launch in the UK in 2011, we now have tens of millions of visitors a month and are busy conquering the world from our office in West London, helping millions of people find better, more fulfilling jobs.
Adzuna’s success to date has been down to the skills, hard work and determination of the brilliant people we have hired. Right now, we're seeking an ambitious Strategy Manager to work directly with our CEO Doug Monro (ex Bain, eBay, Gumtree and Zoopla) across growth, strategy, planning and M&A projects internally and externally. This is an incredible opportunity to be in the room when the important stuff happens and while there will be some analytical, project management and ‘get stuff done’ tasks alongside the strategic stuff, you can be sure you will learn a ton.
You’ll be working alongside Doug and key execs like our CCO Kit (ex eBay/Coople) and CFO James (Betfair/Dentsu). We’ll benefit from your strategy, consulting, finance or tech experience to date but even more important is the passion you bring to work every day. You will strive for excellence, be keen to learn and try new things, inspire and engage those around you and feel ownership of overall company success as well as pride in doing your bit.
What’s in it for you?
Adzuna is a growing scale-up, championing real change in the job market globally - using the power of tech to match people to better, more fulfilling jobs. We’re at a really pivotal time in our journey and it’s an exciting moment to join. We’re growing rapidly in the US in particular on the back of cutting-edge programmatic technology, expanding our labour market data offerings and growing year on year (and hiring!) despite covid. We recently acquired a US job search engine called Getwork and launched a new labour market intelligence saas product.
Like everyone here, you will act like an owner, be a team player and make a difference. It’s an opportunity to work with a smart team led by experienced management and dedicated and passionate Founders. You have the chance to own your and the company’s growth in terms of:
- Running & improving our bi-annual/weekly goals and planning processes
- Identifying M&A targets and executing deals where relevant
- Identifying and getting involved in new business lines, strategic partnerships and growth initiatives
- Helping with strategy, financing/exit, Board communications and metrics
- Developing internal excellence around analytics, presentations etc
- Learning how to grow a scaleup, across commercial and product areas, with the potential to own a P&L or roadmap in the future.
We want to realise the next level of success and you will utilise your own skills and experience across analytics, strategic thinking and project management to meet our goals. Career opportunities could include promotion in role, general management with P&L responsibility or gaining the experience to launch your own startup. You can make of the opportunity what you want!
It’s not an easy feat, but our aim is to create a business of which we are all proud and an environment where you will love to be, where you can be yourself to do what you do best.
We don’t like to put people in boxes, but you’re likely to be able to demonstrate experience of, or aptitude for much of the below:
- Demonstrable experience (minimum of 3 years) working in an area like strategy consulting, corporate finance or a strategy function in a relevant industry (like tech, media, recruitment or consumer goods)
- Strong numerical/analytical skills
- Able to build complex excel/gsheet models and create compelling powerpoint slides
- Strong work ethic, drive and passion to get things done, even with limited resources
- Entrepreneurial, practical attitude to solving problems or growing a business
- Good written and verbal communicator and able to establish strong relationships at all levels, internally and externally
- Well organised, detail oriented and able to project manage and prioritise multiple projects; happy to get hands dirty and juggle!
- High level of integrity/discretion around confidential projects/deals
It’s a bonus if you have:
- Worked in a tech startup before
- Exposure to or an interest in any of: search engines, marketplaces, recruitment or online ad models; product management or tech; sales; online marketing
- Exposure to M&A or corporate finance processes
- Experience of dealing with legal documents like NDAs or contracts
- Pitching or negotiation skills
- An MBA from a well rated school
- Reward: We offer a competitive financial package which includes competitive salary, stock options (we are all owners!) and a contributory pension scheme.
- Wellbeing: Amongst other things, we offer healthcare through Babylon Health; enhanced maternity and paternity leave; 25 days paid holiday per year plus 8 bank holidays; and a full programme of wellbeing activities and events.
- Hybrid working: We are a fully hybrid company - half our workforce are remote. With employees located in different time zones, we embrace asynchronous work and ensure that everything we do reflects the hybrid nature of our workforce so that everyone feels included. We also have a travel programme to help facilitate teamwork across our global teams.
- Flexible working: For those working out of one of our offices (non-remote), we have a flexible working policy which means any full time employee can work from home 2-3 days per week - you can choose your office days. You can also request to work additional days from home.
- Diversity & inclusion: We are committed to hiring a diverse workforce and creating an environment where everyone feels included and welcome. Our D&I committee helps deliver a programme of activities and actions to support this important area of focus.
- Training: Learning and development is an important pillar of our culture and there are plenty of opportunities to learn, develop and grow whether through our Adzuna Academy training programme, attending conferences, team training budgets, individual development plans and coaching from experienced and supportive peers and managers.
- Fun stuff: We have a packed social calendar, twice annual global team get-togethers and an enviable culture thanks to the amazing and smart people who make Adzuna a great place to work. Lots of this is done virtually to ensure that everyone is included.
A bit more about Adzuna
Adzuna is a smarter, more transparent job search engine used by tens of millions of visitors per month. We love using the awesome power of technology to bring together every job in one place, help match people to better, more fulfilling jobs and keep Britain working.
Adzuna.co.uk is a 100 person business operating across 20 territories and was founded in 2011 by Andrew Hunter and Doug Monro, formerly of eBay, Gumtree, Qype and Zoopla.
We are backed by leading Venture Capital firms Passion Capital, LocalGlobe, Index Ventures and Smedvig Capital.
We’ve spent a decade developing smarter, more transparent job search so jobseekers worldwide (we’re in 20 countries) can zero in on the right role faster.
We also supply real-time data to the Number 10 Dashboard and Office for National Statistics labour market indices. In 2018, Adzuna won the contract to run Find a job, one of the British government’s most used online services.
We treat jobseekers as people not as products. We do the same for our team, seeing the diverse range of strengths they bring to our business. Regardless of background, race, gender, sexuality or ability, we welcome everyone to our team. Our people are the most important asset we have.
Please let us know if we need to accommodate a disability during the hiring process, so that we can give you the support you need.
Proud member of the Disability Confident employer scheme.