Always Forever Green is an online marketplace delivering a brand new way to shop.
Our mission is to make it easier for everyone to make a positive change. Ethical consumer spending and finance in the UK has grown from the previous year. There has been nearly a 24% increase from 2019 to 2020, with the size of the market now at £122bn.
We have created a one-stop shop to host all of the best sustainable brands and products and promote an alternative way to shop - one that creates positive change with every purchase.
Shopping with Always Forever Green not only allows everyone to make smarter purchases. Each purchase is also rewarded through a loyalty programme that allows shoppers to plant & protect trees, or help ocean clean up initiatives.
We are a managed marketplace where we cover optimising/listing products, customer service and marketing to help scale the best sustainable brands.
We are a small team of co-founders with diverse backgrounds and have all had successful careers in climate change leadership, banking, media and sales.
Businesses and consumers need access to a much greater volume of sustainable choices, and the right information, so they can align their own actions and also contribute to solutions. Scaling up the Always Forever Green market-place for is therefore an essential bridge to a new economy, and you can be a part of that change.
About the Role
Always Forever Green is a B Corp pending company with a mission to make a positive impact. We recognise we are faced with a climate, environmental and biodiversity emergency, and we’re standing up to meet the challenge.
Having built the foundation of the platform, we are already operating, we are now seeking to find someone to join the team to help us to scale. The ideal co-founder should be able to identify the best way to grow - and implement it.
You’ll be wearing two hats in the company. Firstly, you’ll be one of the Co-Founders which means that you will be interacting with investors, and the founding board members and helping to make strategic decisions about Always Forever green. Secondly, you’ll lead platform development and strategy and oversee the operational side of the business.
Role: CEO and member of the founding team
Start date: ASAP
Remuneration: TBD and equity options (released after 3 months)
Standard hours: Flexible
Location: Remote based role but opportunities to meet the team for strategy days and to travel to meet clients, potential investors and partners.
Reporting to the Board of co-founders
- Platform optimization
- Bring forward ideas to improve the user experience and the flow of the website (and make suggestions which would be implemented by development team)
- Review and advise on design, branding and narrative
- Implement customer communications tools such as automated emails (e.g. using Klavio)
- Brand growth strategy (Buyer)
- Develop a strategy to drive partner brand growth e.g. review current brand partners / products and identify key categories and sub-categories to target in the future
- Look at ways to improve the partner sign-on process
- Update, improve and maintain a CRM of partner brands (and leads)
- Monitor KPI’s for partner brand and product growth
- Partner experience and community
- Develop an engagement plan for partner brands and implement e.g. monthly newsletters, webinars etc
- Help to build loyalty and deliver value for partner brands
- Put a product plan in place to optimize around key dates e.g. Christmas, Mother’s Day etc
- Look for ways to create opportunities for partner brands e.g. press features, influencer collaborations and promotions
- Communications and Marketing
- Develop an external communications plan that helps to build the brand of Always Forever Green and our reputation as the one stop shop for sustainable consumers (Advertising, Animations, Videos, Podcast, Blogs, Social Media)
- Plan a content strategy across all relevant social media platforms and the website (which includes content from partner brands and environmental partners, and is optimized for key calendar dates)
- Look at an event strategy and other ways to get the Always Forever Green name and concept out there
- Research relevant digital marketing options and budgets, including likely ROI
- Build relationships with news and advertising platforms to get Always Forever Green featured
- Research different fund raising options, whether that is crowdfunding, an accelerator programme or other sources
- Build an annual budget for the platform
- Contribute to improving existing investor deck
- Work towards a target of a fund raise early in 2023 to fund the next set of growth
- Highly organised and motivated self-starter with a proactive approach to tasks
- Lots of energy, enthusiasm and passion for sustainable lifestyles
- Willing to personally commit to the growth of the platform
- Able to handle a fast-paced environment
- Experienced in building a brand and increasing brand recognition
- Experience in online marketing
- Experience in E-Commerce
- Confident working remotely
- Strong communication skills
- Focused on creating an excellent experience for customers and partners
- Excellent written and oral English language skills
- Able to work under pressure, to meet targets and to a deadline
- An understanding or willingness to learn about environmental issues