We are looking for a brilliant, data-driven Head of Product with a track record in driving product-led growth (PLG) in a subscription/membership based Software as a Service organisation.
Role description & responsibilities
As Head of Product, you will be responsible for our product portfolio, leveraging and developing Lyfta’s technology and content in order to optimise our product-led growth. You will lead the product function, collaborating closely with our Head of Engineering and other key stakeholders. You will work closely with our co-founders and line-manage the Product Team consisting of our UX Lead, Digital Product Designer (UI/Visual), Product Manager and Customer and IT Support Manager.
The Head of Product focuses on aligning product strategy with the business strategy in order to build fantastic products that avail sustainable value in terms of revenue and profits for the business. You will have a holistic view of Lyfta’s products & services from a technical, user experience and business perspective and seek to create the best possible user experience that aligns with customer needs and business goals. You will manage the product roadmap based on the strategy for growth and business requirements.
This is a fantastic opportunity for someone who enjoys working within a fast-paced startup environment as part of a phenomenal team working together to help teachers nurture the global citizens of tomorrow.
- Own, manage and drive our product portfolio towards global, product-led growth.
- Lead the product function within Lyfta, line managing the product team and ensuring that the team meets its goals.
- Drive the evolution of the vision for the product portfolio.
- Develop and manage the product roadmap based on the strategy for growth and business requirements.
- Lead the implementation of product development ideas from concept and discovery to deployment, whilst balancing the needs of our customers with the financial and resource implications and overall objectives of the organisation.
- Collaborate with stakeholders across the organisation to ensure that every team is aware of and supports the product roadmap and strategy.
- Gather pertinent data including user feedback, critically evaluate and make evidence based recommendations and decisions relating to our product.
- Keep abreast of developments in technology and among competitors.
- Work closely with commercial and technical teams to evaluate new ideas and create and manage business cases to progress these.
- Create product use case analyses and documentation in order to support effective implementation.
- The demands of the role could change due to the nature of being in a startup, and therefore we expect a flexible and adaptable attitude.
Skills and experience
- Extensive experience (5+ years) of leading product-led growth with a software as a service offering.
- Experience gathering and using data to drive decision making.
- Outstanding project leadership skills bringing projects to a successful, on-time conclusion.
- Working with multiple stakeholders with specific domain knowledge, technical knowledge and potentially conflicting objectives to develop a shared solution.
- Proven track record of bringing ideas from conception to implementation and ultimately deployment and integration with the existing portfolio of products.
- Superb communication skills both in written and verbal form that ensures all stakeholders are fully aware of progress, issues and solutions.
- Working brilliantly with others within and across teams to ensure that ideas and insights are shared appropriately, work is completed and relationships are maintained and strengthened.
- Effective line management of staff so that they meet their goals and potential.
- A problem solving attitude that means you are equally happy getting things done personally as leading others to make progress.
- Ability to manage multiple projects at a time and adapt to changing priorities as required in a start-up environment.
- Experience of working in a fast paced startup environment.
- Experience using project management software such as Asana, Jira or similar.
- Exposure to different growth and product strategies.
- An understanding of the EdTech market, ideally with previous experience working on EdTech products.
Remuneration and benefits
- £65,000 - £70,000 p/a (depending on experience)
- Attractive equity option programme
- 24 days annual leave + bank holidays
- Private healthcare
- Company pension scheme
- Lovely, bright office space in Islington with good coffee and tea :)
- Hybrid working (a mixture of office and remote work)
- Lunch allowance on office days
- Annual team retreats and regular team events
- High spec work laptop, headset and all the necessary software
How to apply
Please apply by sending a CV along with a covering letter, explaining why you would like to work at Lyfta and stating how your skills and experience match the description for this role. Please put the subject line of the email as Lyfta Head of Product Job Application - YOUR NAME.