You’ll be the one who is focused on leading and growing our direct, retail, and wholesale sales! We’ve got an exciting range of nut butters, and ample customers chomping at the bit to buy them. You’re the missing link.
You’ll be finding and approaching new retailers, brainstorming and executing London-wide marketing activations, working behind the scenes on campaigns to boost our online sales, and working your network. And of course, full use of our electric cargo bike!
As you’ll be responsible for our sales channels, you’ll also be managing our markets and market staff. This will include hiring, staff and site management, and growing our market presence. Exciting stuff!
When you start, you’ll be focused on boosting immediate sales across our three main avenues. In the medium term you’ll be going beyond both the borders of the M25 and the British Isles. In the long term, you’ll be helping to turn us into a FMCG machine.
Being a small business every role is flexible, and you’ll need to be too. We expect that sometimes when you’re asked to muck in with production you’ll be happy to get your hands dirty; when you’re asked to sit in on a marketing meeting you’ll come with ideas; and when we ask you to help pack an order, you’ll grab the parcel tape. While your most of your attention and time will be spent leading our sales, variety is the spice of life!
We’ll take care of everything else, you just get out there and sell baby sell!!
- Previous sales experience, where you’ve interacted B2C and B2B
- Outward and confident speaker who can embrace our values and our tone fully
- Cycle skills – we have a three wheel cargo bike
- Flexibility, and an ability to ‘get-on-with-it’, rolling with whatever comes your way
- An interest in leading small food businesses to brand success
- A knowledge of the London and wider-UK food markets, trends, and issues.
- Prior sales experience in a market, food retail, or hospitality
- Sales experience in FMCG, specifically around prepared foods
- Calming demeanor to be around
- Willingness to speak your mind, especially to those above you
- Having an entrepreneurial mindset and approach
You would’ve come from an existing sales role, so you understand the world we operate in now – a few things have changed in the past years! You might’ve been on the other side of the interaction before, managing a café, independent grocers, or a deli. Broad spectrum cultural literacy is very important too – while the UK is our focus now, the future holds markets beyond our borders.
Remuneration: £25000 - £32000, influenced by experience (above London Living Wage), 28 days holiday, + performance bonus.
Hours: Full time, 5 weekdays (from home, from shared workspace, from company headquarters) 8 hour weekdays with flexibility around how you make those hours.