At Behaviour Lab, we’re changing the way the world makes investments — but we can’t do it alone.
We empower asset managers, private equity firms, insurance companies and executive boards across the globe to solve their trickiest problems. Our approach brings together analytics, research, algorithms, and science to help organizations continually improve their decision-making.
Behaviour Lab’s vision is to help transform how the £70 trillion active asset management industry makes their investment decisions through our smart decision-making platform using behaviour science and advanced analytics.
How our platform is designed is a critical component to ensuring our clients can easily make the behavioural changes that will ultimately make the difference to their decision making.
We are looking for a UX/UI Designer who can be part of enabling us to do so. The successful candidate will ideally already have experience working on challenging design problems for complex applications.
They will have an entrepreneurial mindset and be excited to colour outside the lines and wear whatever hat needs wearing to get the job done. If you are a passionate problem solver with a can-do-attitude, driven by being part of a team that is at the forefront of innovation, and wanting to go that extra mile, then we may be just the team for you.
- 2+ years hands-on experience in the UX/UI Design field
- Solid understanding of UX design processes, information architecture, web and application usability and best-in-class UI design
- Experience with Figma
- Experience working with / creating design systems and component libraries
- Experience designing for complex web/desktop applications
- Excellent teamwork and communication skills, ability to handle pressure and adapt to new and complex domains
- Excellent portfolio with examples of work involving complex applications and an outline of your approach to tackling these challenges
- Experience working in the financial services industry / fintech is a plus or other similarly complex domains
- Experience with advanced prototyping tools such as Axure RP, Protopie etc. is a plus
- Experience working on data visualisations is a plus
- Practical familiarity with modern technologies and frameworks such as React and Typescript would be a bonus
- Familiarity with accessibility standards and best practices
What the job involves
We are currently entering the initial launch phase of our smart decision-making platform. We are looking for someone to join the Behaviour Lab Design team who can hit the ground running, help us accelerate through this phase and craft experiences for some incredibly exciting new features. They will always be striving to identify ways to continuously improve the platform and maintain a high-quality experience.
Day to Day Responsibilities will include:
- Leveraging, contributing to, and helping build & maintain our design system in Figma.
You will be documenting existing components and styles; creating new highly flexible componentry where needed and looking for ways to improve scalability
- Creating detailed UX and Visual Design specs to hand over to engineering teams to implement, ensuring they have all the details necessary.
- Producing high quality visual designs
- Working collaboratively with product owners and the rest of the design team - asking the right questions to gain an understanding of product requirements and user needs; synthesising these into neat, intuitive solutions
- Utilising sketches, flow diagrams, wireframes, and interactive prototypes to explore and craft design ideas iteratively
- Presenting design concepts and interactions to the rest of the design team as well as various other stakeholders
- Incorporating feedback from users, stakeholders, and the rest of team
- Helping to refine and evolve our design processes, from user research to implementation
How do we know you're the perfect match?
- You’re passionate about using design to find solutions to complex challenges
- You have experience working on complex design challenges in enterprise, financial services or similar
- You welcome constructive feedback
- You are an evangelist for quality design and want to part of a fast growing team
- Thrive in high-pressure constantly evolving environments
- Inquisitive and passionate about learning new things
- Willing to roll-up your sleeves and get stuck in
- Take great pride in your work and the value you create for clients, the organisation and team you work with
- Wanting to go that extra mile to help this young firm and the team become successful for years to come
- An organisation that recognises the importance of design and considers it a key component for the success of all our products
- The opportunity to be part of building and shaping the culture of a company focusing on a highly innovative space within the investment industry.
- Somewhere you can instantly see the impact you have on your team and clients’ performance, and where you are helping change the way investment decisions are made.
- A chance to learn from a group of individuals with world leading experiences across investment classes, change management and behavioural science.
- A learning culture with dedicated time to learn new skills.
- Great office in central London with a gym and wonderful rooftop.
- Private health insurance
- A competitive salary, option plan and performance-based bonus.
- This is a full-time role
- We are open to visa sponsorship
- Option to work remote up to 3 days per week.