Our purpose is to transition the world to workspace strategies that better meet the needs of people, business and the planet. We build technology to make that transition possible for global businesses.
We've gone through unprecedented growth in the last year: expanding to more than 55 countries, onboarding thousands of users from some of the world’s largest companies, and seeing demand grow like never before.
Remote, working predominantly in the GMT timezone.
About the Job
We have been laser focussed on building a reputation for being the best hybrid workspace management solution to global high-growth technology companies and enterprise businesses. This has resulted in a lot of organic inbound enquiries, and commercial real estate partner referrals. We’re at an important inflection point where we now have a good foundation to transition to the next stage of growth; an EMEA Sales Development Representative building awareness of our products to high growth technology businesses, will be integral to supporting that.
- Develop high quality pipeline generated from outbound outreach (email, Linkedin, targeted warm calling, and events)
- Proactive prospecting by researching and identifying relevant businesses and stakeholders.
- Carefully qualify prospects and establish where there might be a match between our product and their business needs.
- Confidently articulate Desana’s value proposition.
- Take accountability for your monthly, quarterly, and annual revenue and engagement targets.
- Keep yourself and your colleagues organised and up to date with conversations using HubSpot CRM.
- Complete seamless and comprehensive handovers of qualified opportunities to Sales Executives.
- You genuinely care about the needs of the companies you speak to, your colleagues, and enjoying what you do for work.
- You have demonstrable experience in B2B SaaS/Office Space sales.
- You are diligent and professional with your communication.
- You’re self starting, adaptable,enjoy high levels of autonomy and accountability.
- You have experience in CRM management.
- Eligible to work in the UK, or be within +/- 3 hours of GMT if outside the UK.
- Willing to undertake a background check prior to joining.
Your career and progression are massively important to us.
That’s why we’re building complete career progression transparency—mapping salaries and company share options to every stage of your development—so that you know exactly how you can progress, and how much you’ll be paid when you achieve your goals. We also happen to be a leading company in one of the biggest market changes in history…
Salary and Progression
Pay and Share Options have always been a bit of a dark art 🔮
We strongly believe the dark needs some light. That’s why we’re building tools to facilitate complete salary transparency and progression paths so that you’ll always know how you can grow and what it will mean when you do. You can find that here: https://bit.ly/-Desana-SalCalc
It doesn't matter who you are and what your background is - so long as you have the right skills and are a great team player, we believe that you should be paid fairly and the same as everyone else at your level.
Based on our framework (which computes above average salaries for your role across a number of sources and applies factors to account for things like your experience, seniority and location), your salary for this role will be between £27,428 and £41,176 depending on your location.
You will also be eligible to earn up to 50% of your annual salary in potential commission.
Here’s what we have for your so far (but we want to add to our benefits all the time as we grow):
Plus regular salary reviews measured against transparent, clearly defined milestones and market benchmarks.
With company performance related bonuses - when we do well, you do well.
Not to mention Share Options in our company that grow as you do.
You’ll officially get 32 days in your contract.
We also take at least one week off at Christmas which doesn’t come out of your allowance.
Spend five years at Desana and get a four-week paid sabbatical, and another every five years after.
Also, take your birthday off, no questions.
🌏 Work Flexibly
We’re a company built around the idea of flexible working. We don’t just sell the dream, we live it.
You’ll get free access to the Desana app to work from wherever is most convenient or best for you. Anywhere.
Or if working from home makes most sense for you, then feel free to work from home. Just know that you’ll have the option to use any of the spaces in our network.
And, if you’ve got another commitment during the working day (the school run, the doctor, or an appointment with your favourite hairdresser), then plan your work around it.
Meaningful work with people who care.
We work with you to set and achieve your professional and personal goals.
Up to eight hours per month can be dedicated to your personal development - read, meet with mentors, listen to Podcasts, jump on YouTube - but there’s one catch: it has to be relevant to your role and we want to hear what you’ve been learning so we can all benefit and grow too.
Plus, everyone gets a budget each year which can be spent on professional development, including books, training courses and conferences.
We’ll also give you five days away from work a year to attend training and development opportunities.
We offer a 4% employer contribution (we pay you 100% of your salary, then 4% extra into your pension).
We use SMART Pensions because they invest in passive Index Funds that are relatively low cost - meaning they should (note the emphasis on should) provide better returns than actively managed funds in the long-term.
👀 Everything else
You’ll get access to mental health support with Spill, allowing you to chat with a therapist whenever you want.
We’ll provide you with a shiny new laptop for you to do your job.
You’ll also receive a budget to be able to customise your own remote setup.
Like most companies at the moment, our team is entirely remote, and so is our interview process. You’ll need access to a device for video calls and a good internet connection.
- Initial application (short questionnaire that’ll tell us a bit about you)
- Initial video call (30 minutes)
- A short test that’s related to the challenges we face at Desana
- Role specific interview (1 hour)