Dear new Country Manager (France),
It’s funny to think you’re reading this, even though we haven’t actually met yet. But, given that you’re the Country Manager (France) who’s going to take our amazing business to the next level, we just wanted to say hi. Gideon our CEO is especially excited to meet you - first because he’s great and a pleasure to work with but, secondly, because he knows just how fascinating a time this is to be joining Buyapowa, as we enter our biggest ever period of worldwide growth.
So, welcome to Buyapowa, new Country Manager (France). We can’t wait for you to start.
This is what makes Buyapowa Buyapowa:
Traditional marketing is dead. That's why we're building what comes next - a whole new channel to attract and acquire customers that reflects the way that people discover, fall in love and shop with today's leading brands.
We're thrilled that more and more clients including T-Mobile, Vodafone, EDF, Vitality, Engie, and L’Oreal are joining Buyapowa on this adventure, each and every day. But, cards on the table, when we started out over 10 years ago, we had no idea we'd become the global leader in what we do. And, while we've got huge plans for the years ahead, we're just as excited by the unknown future as we are by the storied past.
We love new people, new ideas, new skills, new angles, new problems and new solutions. That's why we're not going to say something dumb like: "The ideal candidate went to this school, worked at that business and has this personality, that skillset and these boxes checked on their resume". If we knew exactly what we wanted, we wouldn't need you. So come show us what we're missing.
We think these things are pretty obvious, but we're a bit grossed-out that no one else is really saying them:
- No one wants to be compelled to commute into an office anymore. That's why, while Buyapowa has offices around the world (and we love getting together face-to-face), we're fully committed to the virtual workspace, and we're delighted that our team gets to work wherever in the world they call home.
- No one's worked at Buyapowa until they work at Buyapowa. So, while we value experience, we know that the greatest experience you can have is the experience you'll gain once you start working with us.
- No one stops being talented just because they're in their 50s or 60s. We love fresh ideas, but we don't have a weird youth fetish like some other employers.
- That said, Mozart was composing classics when he was only five years old. So, if you're just starting out on your journey, that's amazing too.
- Apparently, the average person changes career 5-7 times over the course of their working life. Between you and us, we think that might be BS, but either way: we don't care if this is your first and only career or you're embarking on change number 5, 6 or 7. If you've got the talent, we want you.
- We actively celebrate all forms of diversity, and we'll love the way you look, the things you believe in, the life you live and the people you love.
So, that's us. We love building the future and we love the people we're building the future with. If you're the future-building kind, and you've got the smarts to back it up, the job's already yours.
As a key member of the Sales team at Buyapowa you will focus on building our business in France.
This is the perfect time to join the Buyapowa team. Market growth is gaining fantastic momentum and the portfolio of large clients continues to grow each month. We’re also launching exciting new complimentary solutions in 2022/3.
This is one of the top sales seats in the business with France being our most promising market. Whilst we do provide sales development resources, you should be open to prospecting in order to help fill your pipeline as well as be capable of closing complex Enterprise level deals.
What you will do:
- Work closely with the Buyapowa team develop a strategic sales plan for the French market, identifying key target clients
- Nurture and deliver current and future sales pipeline for French enterprise clients
- Initiate conversations with relevant Heads of Marketing / Digital / eCommerce at target clients
- Engage with client contacts, understand their current sales processes and educate them effectively on how our platform could impact their business with genuine ROI
- Set up and participate in relevant demos, meetings and client / industry events
- Manage end-to-end sales and relationship management process
- Be an integral member of the entire Buyapowa team, putting energy and passion into your work
- 3+ years’ of SAAS sales experience with at least 1 year closing Enterprise level deals.
- At least 1 year Martech sales experience
- An excellent track record of meeting and exceeding sales targets in past roles
- Leading and managing the full sales cycle from prospecting to close
- Comfortable holding interesting conversations at Director level or equivalent, with ability to build and effectively manage a pipeline of business (often over long time periods)
- Experience with any of the following verticals would be advantageous:, telecoms, insurance, energy, gaming
- A strong understanding of the nuances of the French market, genuine desire to build networks within this territory
- Experience or genuine desire to work in a start-environment
- Ideally degree educated (or equivalent)
- Native level French speaker
Bonus points for:
- Having some relationships within Marketing teams within French Retailers/ Telecoms/ Utility/ Financial Services businesses
We love you. Here’s why you’ll love us back:
- Learning & development. We’ll give you the opportunity to learn, including a personal learning budget for your professional growth.
- Ownership. We’ve got big plans and we want you to share in the upside. That’s why you’ll get to participate in a generous equity incentive plan.
- Wellbeing. We’re looking forward to seeing you grow in your professional life, but we also care about your wellbeing. That’s why you’ll receive an annual wellness budget, to spend just on you - no questions asked.
- Work / life balance. Taking a break is super important to all of us. In fact, it’s something that’s gently encouraged, coaxed and nudged on a regular basis.
- Remote-work ready. Our ethos is to prioritise remote working. While we have hubs and we love getting together, our priority is to invest in getting you set up to work remotely. So, whatever you need to be amazing, it’s on us.
- Family life. Being part of the Buyapowa family is important to us, but we know you have a life outside of our team, too. Whatever family / home life looks like to you, we offer flexible working.