is Germany's best-known AI company. We develop neural networks to help people work with language. With DeepL Translator, we have created the world's best machine translation system and made it available to everyone free of charge. Over the next few years, we aim to make DeepL the world's leading language technology company.
Our goal is to overcome language barriers and bring cultures closer together.
What distinguishes us from other companies?
DeepL (formerly Linguee) was founded by developers and researchers. We focus on the development of new, exciting products, which is why we spend a lot of time actively researching the latest trends and technologies. We understand the challenges of developing new products and try to meet them with an agile and dynamic way of working. Our open and positive workplace philosophy enables employees to feel comfortable and thrive in their roles. In our daily work we use modern technologies - not only to translate texts, but also to create the world's best dictionaries, and solve other language-related problems.
When we tell people about DeepL as an employer, reactions are overwhelmingly positive. Maybe it's because they have enjoyed our services, or maybe they just want to get on board with our quest to break down language barriers and facilitate communication.
What will you be doing at DeepL?
As technical product manager in our DevOps department you will take over product responsibility for our internal Kubernetes based hosting platform and essential services needed to develop and run our translation services like CI/CD systems. Stakeholders come from two sides: internal users require a reliable, powerful and easy to use platform to continue with the efficient development of our systems, while live service running on the platform are used by millions of our users, who expect a close to 100% uptime even under heavy load situations while providing the highest security standards.
Together with a highly qualified team of DevOps engineers, you will drive the development of those services throughout their lifecycle. This starts with doing requirement engineering, leading decision making processes to following the implementation and finally helping the team to take the long term ownership of the service.
- Take over product management for multiple technical products within a defined technical scope
- Get feedback and understand the demands of our (internal) customers
- Define vision, strategy and roadmap for your products
- Facilitate a collaborative team process to create a vivid backlog and up-to-date documentation
- Always keep an eye on compliance and security
- Take over project management and involve other teams related to the project
- Communicate and coordinate changes
What we offer
- Meaningful work at scale: We break down language barriers worldwide and bring different cultures closer together
- Interesting quests: raise the security bar of a company whose product is used by over 100 million people worldwide
- Experience the excitement of a rapidly growing scale-up! Over the last year we doubled in size, hiring new colleagues across UK, Germany, Poland, the Netherlands and Japan
- We’ve got your back! We are a small, effective, highly committed team with transparent decision-making processes. We cherish collaboration and efficiency, but trust, empathy, inclusivity and an overall ‘human-first’ approach are just as important to us
- Flexible Work Arrangements: with office hubs in Cologne, Berlin, London, and Amsterdam, you choose where and how you work. We offer fully remote work from UK/DE/NL/PL, no strings attached, no 'to be reviewed'- DeepL is a remote-positive company now and forever
- Regular innovative team-building events- internationally!
- The opportunity to visit our datacenters in Iceland and Finland with the team
- Join our cross-functional DevOps department and take the opportunity to learn new skills from your parallel teams in Platform Engineering, System Integrations and Build Pipelines
- 1+ years of experience as a Product Manager working with Engineers and Design in an agile environment for technical products
- OR 2+ years of experience as a technical Project Manager with a foundation in product management
- Good understanding of technical context and dependencies
- Comfortable supporting decisions together with the team
- Drive to complete tasks up to documentation and final review
- Experienced in driving the whole product lifecycle – research, prototyping, iterative development and testing, launch, and continuous improvement
- Analytical and focused on solving problems elegantly but simply. You are able to analyse and break down large problems to a structured approach, with small measurable steps to achieve your goals
- Experience with projects in the area of DevOps or backend development is an advantage
- Resilient and able to deal with uncertainty and constant change
- Fluent in English. Other languages, e.g. German, are an advantage
We are looking forward to your application!