Who We Are
Grasp is a team of experienced technologists with backgrounds at world-leading technology and venture capital firms. We are building google maps for learning.
Anyone can grasp any concept. Everyone can understand anything. Most people don’t believe it or think it requires a fancy university with extortionate fees. Maybe they had high hopes for online education, but they think the glut of content is impossible to navigate effectively. Whatever the excuse, they’re wrong.
So long as you take the right path through the web of online knowledge, you can learn anything. All you need are good maps.
Grasp’s mission is to create these maps.
- Responsible for building and operating an excellent design process, from wire-framing to end-to-end flows and prototypes.
- Tackle complex UI/UX design problems* with elegant solutions.
- Work directly with founders, engineers, and users.
- Highly competitive compensation.
- Remote / London.
*Our "Nice to Have" section below will give you some idea of what these might involve 😎
- 2+ years of experience designing world-class user interfaces for applications which make completing complex tasks feel simple.
- A portfolio demonstrating at least one software interface design project.
- Comfortable designing modern web apps.
- Mastery of Figma.
- Ability to clearly articulate problems, decisions, and your reasoning.
- An innate desire to grow yourself, your team, and the users of your products.
- Happy to give and take constructive feedback.
- Biased towards action and decision making.
- Highly structured.
- Ambitious yet humble.
Nice to Have
- Experience working with graph data structures.
- Data visualisation experience.
- Game design experience.
- Cross-device product design experience.
- Experience in teaching, EdTech, or building a successful “Tools for Thought” product.
- Further education (university or self-taught) in a hard science or engineering discipline (e.g. electronic engineering).
- Experience working in a fast-paced startup environment.
Please apply through this website, we will need the below details:
- Your CV.
- Your design portfolio.
- A couple of lines on user interfaces you admire and why.
- Any "Nice to Have" traits you’ve got!