About Car Hapi
It should be a joyful experience to own and drive a car. But today, it’s certainly not. You’ve got to sort out your insurance and your road tax, MOT and repairs, fuelling and charging, parking and road tolls, and more. And each one of these is serviced by a different company, a difference website, a different app. We are going to change this.
Meet Car Hapi. A new way to smooth the experience of owning and driving your car. Think perfect open country roads, not bumpy, dusty side-streets. Our super-app will be your car super-power, bringing all the elements of owning and driving a car into one simple place, right inside your phone.
We are looking for ambitious change-makers to get in the front seat at the beginning of the journey. Help choose our route and shape the future of driving.
We’re looking for a Head of Product to join our founding team and help to build the best car management super-app the world has ever seen. As our first product hire, you will have the unique opportunity to help build the foundations of the product, define our metrics, and shape the way that we work together as a team.
You will enjoy a tremendous amount of scope and responsibility, working at the core of an autonomous, multi-disciplinary team. Your role will combine elements of many other specialties — engineering, design, customer research, marketing, sales, operations and business development. We’ll be counting on you to set ambitious goals and giving you the freedom to determine how to meet them.
Together with the CEO, you’ll help to define our product vision and strategy, and will tasked with developing our product management principles and processes. Working in collaboration with design and engineering teams, you will drive a lean and agile development process, ensuring the seamless delivery of a product vision.
What you will be doing:
- Sitting with real-life customers and deeply getting to know the customer’s life and problems
- Working with Design to gain an understanding of user personas, pain points and journeys
- Scoping a set of features that will solve the customer’s deepest problems
- Working with Engineering teams to shape and evaluate technical architectures to deliver against product requirements and goals
- Giving an initial order to that list of features according to the value they bring to the customer, and the difficulty for the Engineering team to create them
- Championing the MVP concept, distilling the product down to what is desirable, viable and feasible
- Mapping out wireframes and specifications for each feature so that Engineering has a visual and functional picture of what they need to build
- Shaping product releases that test hypotheses and provide quantitative evidence to support learnings
- Gathering and managing product feedback through surveys, concept testing, analytics tools, and A/B testing
- Hiring and coaching a team of Product Managers
- 5+ years’ experience in Product Management in a startup or scale-up tech business
- Passionate about product and user experience – customers are at the heart of what you do and that empathy drives your decisions
- Excellent leadership skills with experience collaborating with cross-functional teams
- An engineering background, have been in a technical role previously, or have a strong technical understanding
- Proven experience in leading design, feature breakdown and products from inception to shipped software
- Social skills to sit with customers to understand their problems, and know what can and cannot be done technically
- Confident using KPI's and OKR's to align the team on priorities for sprints & releases
- Ability to conceptualise and drive sophisticated projects with competing priorities, multiple partners, and quick timelines
- Ability to manage time and schedules to meet aggressive deadlines and influence through persuasive written and verbal communication
Why join us?
- We’re on an exciting mission to create a car ecosystem that brings everything driving-related into one place
- Build and launch a genuinely delightful and game-changing product for drivers in the UK
- Be part of an ambitious team with deep expertise across start-ups, technology, mobility and insurance
- An opportunity to work in a fast-paced, high-performance environment
- Competitive salary & benefits
- You’ll get broad exposure to many areas beyond your role and will experience what it’s like to get a new venture off the ground
- We offer a hybrid model, combining a mix of important together-time in London, with focused remote home working
- You’ll work in an independent, autonomous team to drive our mission forward
- We’re well-funded and backed by one of the largest UK insurers, Direct Line Group