About Car Hapi
It should be a joyful experience to own and drive a car. But today, it is certainly not. You have to sort out your insurance and your road tax, MOT and repairs, fueling and charging, parking and road tolls, and more. And each one of these is serviced by a different company, a difference website, a different app. We are going to change this.
Meet Car Hapi. A new way to smooth the experience of owning and driving your car. Think perfect open country roads, not bumpy, dusty side-streets. Our super-app will be your car super-power, bringing all the elements of owning and driving a car into one simple place, right inside your phone.
We are looking for ambitious change-makers to get in the front seat at the beginning of the journey. Help choose our route and shape the future of driving.
We are looking for a Head of Engineering to take the lead of our iOS and Android app development, to build a world-class car management super-app. As our first engineering hire, you will have the unique opportunity to help build the foundations of the product, the engineering team and shape the way that we work together.
You will enjoy a tremendous amount of scope and responsibility, working at the core of an autonomous, multi-disciplinary team. You will help to define and implement the strategic direction of our app and will be responsible for the day-to-day technical delivery, collaborating with engineers to ship code continuously.
As the Head of Engineering, you will lead a team of engineers, helping to drive best practice, success criteria and contributing to a culture of engineering excellence alongside our CTO. You have a passion for creating amazing user experiences, and architecting delightful, intuitive apps that are easy to use. You take pride in writing great code, as well as being a role model to others.
With a can-do attitude, a strong product and customer-centric mentality, and exceptional communication skills. you will feel at home managing a team as well as keeping your toes in the door on a technical level.
- develop, manage, and prepare a best-in-class engineering team, guiding, coaching, and mentoring engineers and lead them by example
- establish and stimulate software development standards and processes along with best practices for delivery of scalable and high-quality software
- architect and help set the technical direction for large-scale React Native applications
- lead other team members in front-end and back-end feature development with the build of micro-services and third-party integration.
- ensure the technical feasibility of UI/UX designs
- provide technical leadership for every aspect of software development, delivery, and management
- prepare lifecycle for different projects including research, development, design, evaluation, testing along with delivery to product management
- develop deep and strong understanding the technologies, tools and techniques used within the team
- work closely with Product, Design, and other cross-functional groups to drive product vision
- work with the Venture CTO and solution architect on the technical strategy, architecture, and design, whilst leading efforts to develop the technical roadmap of the product you own
- build and promote a positive working environment for the team within your areas as well as other business areas you will engage with
- You have experience building mobile apps using React-Native and working with RESTful APIs
- You have detailed knowledge of both iOS and Android platforms, with regard to areas such as: the store submission process, push notifications, and official design guidelines
- You have experience building best-in-class Fintech/SaaS/Startup engineering teams who can lead and contribute to senior level technology decisions
- You enjoy helping drive the technical roadmap and have a genuine interest in technology and problem solving
- You are excited to be part of a start-up and work in the early stages of a venture
- You can demonstrate strong people skills with great listening and communication skills
- You’re able to work well individually and with a team - with good work ethic, self starter and results oriented
- You have and actively promote an agile development product mindset
Why join us?
- We are on an exciting mission to create a car ecosystem that brings everything driving-related into one place
- Build and launch a genuinely delightful and game-changing product for drivers in the UK
- Be part of an ambitious team with deep expertise across start-ups, technology, mobility, and insurance
- An opportunity to work in a fast-paced, high-performance environment
- Competitive salary & benefits
- You will get broad exposure to many areas beyond your role and will experience what it’s like to get a new venture off the ground
- We offer a hybrid model, combining a mix of important together-time in London, with focused remote home working
- You will work in an independent, autonomous team to drive our mission forward
- We are well-funded and backed by one of the largest UK insurers, Direct Line Group