Remote (CET +/- 2 hours), including equity
We are seeking our first Finance hire. As CFO for OutThink, you’ll be an integral senior manager who will manage and oversee OutThink’s Finance department. This role will be pivotal in the growth of the business. This is an opportunity to grow a Finance team and capability around you from the ground up and work with OutThink's Founder & CEO on making and advising on pivotal business and commercial decisions.
What You’ll Need
- RevOps experience - working with CEO & Founder to make sales, channel and marketing decisions that will grow the business
- Client focus - ensuring that the client‘s perspective is a driving strength behind business outcomes and activities; crafting and implementing service practices that meet client and business needs
- Understanding our business – Understand our services, clients, systems and processes. Develop an understanding of the key business drivers
- Making choices - identifying and understanding issues, problems, and opportunities; comparing data from different sources to draw conclusions; using effective approaches for choosing a course of action or developing appropriate solutions; taking action that is consistent with available facts, constraints, and probable consequences.
- Tenacity - staying with a position or plan of action until the desired outcome is obtained or is no longer reasonably attainable.
- Planning and Organising - establishing courses of action for self and others to ensure that work is completed efficiently.
- Aligning Performance for Success - focusing and guiding others in accomplishing work objectives.
- Driving for Results - setting high goals for personal and company accomplishment; using measurement methods to monitor progress toward goals; tenaciously working to meet or exceed goals while deriving satisfaction from that achievement and continuous improvement.
Job Style (types of activities/responsibilities required in the role)
- Achievement - meeting increasing work challenges.
- High-Involvement Member - working in a participative, empowered environment.
- Challenging Work - working on difficult or demanding tasks requiring substantial effort and commitment.
- High Responsibility/Accountability - receiving primary responsibility/accountability for completing tasks that might place heavy demands on one’s time and involvement.
- Continuous Learning - Increasing knowledge and skill when circumstances call for additional learning.
Knowledge and Experience (knowledge and experience required for the role)
- Accounting Degree (Bachelor of Commerce or equivalent).
- Qualification of ACA/ACCA/CIMA.
- Excellent understanding of accounting standards (FRS 102), audit requirements, preparation of statutory accounts, taxation and reporting.
- 5 years’ post qualifications experience.
- Ability to deal and liaise with other staff members at subordinate and managerial levels.
- Ability to work to tight deadlines.
- Possession of strong interpersonal skills.
- Excellent team player skills.
- Self-motivated and flexible.
What You’ll Be Doing
FP&A and Business Partnering
- Review and deliver investigation to business heads and partnering with key stakeholders for all FP&A activities
- Development of budget, forecast and financial plans with monitoring against actuals and detailed variance analysis, understanding the historic, current and forecast performance
- Assist with analysis for board and management presentations, project appraisals and business cases
- Model and evaluate cost base and identify and monitor opportunities and efficiencies
- Ensuring that key stakeholders have informative reporting across all elements of the business, driving outcomes and compliance through active business partnering across all functions
Prepare Monthly Management Accounts
- Preparation of the operating monthly P&L, balance sheet, cash flow and supporting reconciliations by 7th working day of each month
- Prepare monthly management accounts for the company by 7th working day
- Review legal agreements and ensure the numbers are accounted for correctly
- Assist the sales teams with customer contract negotiations
- Reviewing supplier agreements before they are signed to identity any red flags that would result in an unfair agreement for the company
- Prepare monthly consolidated cash flow forecast
Transactional work and credit control
- Raising sales invoices and producing weekly debtors report
- Building relationships with customers to ensure invoices are paid on time
- Posting purchase invoices
- Bank reconciliation
- Cost analysis on a month-on-month basis
Internally Developed Software
- With the company accountants, prepare the monthly internally developed software capitalization journals
- Ensure that internally developed software documentation is maintained, including review and working with the company’s project managers to update project plans.
- Ensure developer capitalization meets the requirements of FRS 102/ IAS 38
- Review monthly VAT returns
- Review annual tax returns prepared by the company accountants and advisors
R&D Tax Incentive
- Work with advisors to prepare the annual R&D Tax credit submission
- Work with Company Accountants to ensure the company year-end statutory accounts are prepared on time
- Carry out special projects or tasks required by the CEO
- Continually improve internal controls and processes
- Facilitate and promote teamwork mentality
Why we think you’ll love it here All OutThinkers are part of the journey we’re on, so we offer equity options with every role and benchmark against other VC-backed companies to provide above market rate salaries for companies of our size. Beyond this, there’s plenty more that makes OutThink a great place to work:
- Great start-up culture in a fun, friendly, and hardworking team.
- Fully remote.
- Generous salary and benefits package.
- Share options - a rare opportunity to get in early and have a significant stake in what could potentially be a unicorn start-up, with a huge financial payback.
- 34 days paid holiday (including public holidays).
- Plus, an extra day off on your birthday for every year with OutThink (up to 5).
- Comprehensive & generous health insurance options.
- A work-from-home subsidy for every new joiner to kit out your home office.
- Amazing Remote socials with food and drink budgets.
OutThink is a young start-up using some of the latest technologies and methodologies to build the world's first truly predictive Human Risk Management Platform (SaaS). We are building an innovative, disruptive solution, OutThink is the evolution of traditional security awareness training. Used by large, complex organisations around the world, the OutThink SaaS platform has been developed specifically to identify, measure human risk, and affect behaviour change. OutThink is headquartered in the UK but has been a remote-first company since before the pandemic, with employees working from locations including Spain, UK, Bulgaria, and United Arab Emirates. We use the latest collaboration tools to ensure a productive working environment. We soon expect to be meeting up again in locations across Europe to socialise and for a much needed catch-up.