Job Title: Management accountant
Adzuna is a job search engine that lists every job, everywhere. From its launch in the UK in 2011, we now have more than 10 million visitors a month and are busy conquering the world from our office in West London, helping millions of people find better, more fulfilling jobs.
We are now seeking a Management Accountant to join our growing team.
Reporting to the CFO and working closely with our experienced Finance Manager you will be responsible for key parts of the finance function, supporting our fast growing scale-up business across multiple geographies and business segments. The business has ambitious growth plans, including further M&A following our recent acquisition of Getwork, so there will be opportunities to get involved across the business and develop your skills.
The majority of our senior team are based in the London office at least a few days a week, providing you with exposure to strategy, planning and decision making. There will also be scope to support on commercial projects that in the past have included acquisitions and capital fund raising rounds.
In this role you will take ownership of our revenue processes, ensuring accurate and timely recognition of our billing and receipts from customers, supporting on sales commission calculations and inter-company transactions. You will be working in multiple currencies across our international legal entities. You will also support the Finance team to maintain our ledgers and help with the monthly close process, reporting and annual audit.
- Ownership of the revenue cycle; invoicing, credit control, sales commission support
- Revenue reporting and analysis
- Cashflow forecasting & treasury management
- Input to tax and VAT returns
- Balance sheet reconciliations, supporting monthly management accounts and year end audit
- Support the annual budget and half year planning process
- Commercial projects that have previously included acquisitions, capital events and evaluation of key performance indicators
- Business partner and support to senior management and commercial teams
- Fully qualified CIMA / ACA/ ACCA accountant with strong academic background
- Experience of working in a fast paced business working to month end deadlines
- Understanding of FRS 102 (IFRS useful but not essential)
- Strong Excel skills and attention to detail
- Exposure to Xero is a plus but...we can teach you this
- Organised, efficient, detail-oriented and smart
- Commercially aware and interested in data driven technology
- Self motivated and driven
- Excellent interpersonal skills
- A desire to learn and grow
- Hands on, can do attitude, willing to roll up sleeves up and support the business
What’s in it for you?
Adzuna is a growing scale-up, championing real change in the job market globally - using the power of tech to match people to better, more fulfilling jobs. We’re at a really pivotal time in our journey and it’s an exciting moment to join. We’re growing rapidly in the US in particular on the back of cutting-edge programmatic technology, expanding our labour market data offerings and growing year on year (and hiring!) despite COVID-19.
- Reward: We offer a competitive financial package which includes competitive salary, stock options, a contributory pension scheme and Perks at Work.
- Wellbeing: We take the wellbeing of our employees seriously and have taken every step possible to protect the health and wellbeing of our people during COVID-19. Amongst other things, we offer healthcare through Babylon Health, access to free counselling and a programme of wellbeing activities and events. We have a flexible working policy and during COVID-19, for the foreseeable, no one is expected back in the office unless they choose to attend. We also run regular wellbeing workshops, offer enhanced maternity and paternity leave because we welcome people with families, and 25 days paid holiday per year
- Flexible working: We have a flexible working policy which means any full time (non-remote) employee can work from home for up to two days per week on an ongoing basis. You can also request to work additional days from home
- Training: Through our Adzuna Academy training programme, attending (virtual) conferences, team training budgets, individual development plans and coaching from experienced and supportive peers and managers.
- Fun stuff: An environment that is thoughtfully designed to allow for work and play including (when we’re not restricted by COVID-19) a roof terrace, bar and table tennis. We have a packed social calendar, twice annual global team get-togethers and an enviable culture thanks to the amazing and smart people who make Adzuna a great place to work. Much of this is all done remotely at the moment of course - even during COVID-19 we are still managing to have a lot of fun ‘together’ thanks to our great Social Committee.
Some of the above benefits might be subject to the country of residence in case of remote working.
A bit more about Adzuna
Adzuna is a smarter, more transparent job search engine used by tens of millions of visitors per month. We love using the awesome power of technology to bring together every job in one place, help match people to better, more fulfilling jobs and keep Britain working.
Adzuna is a 100+ person business operating across 20 territories and was founded in 2011 by Andrew Hunter and Doug Monro, formerly of eBay, Gumtree, Qype and Zoopla.
We are backed by leading Venture Capital firms Passion Capital, LocalGlobe, Index Ventures and Smedvig Capital.
We’ve spent a decade developing smarter, more transparent job search so jobseekers worldwide (we’re in 20 countries) can zero in on the right role faster.
We also supply real-time data to the Number 10 Dashboard and Office for National Statistics labour market indices. In 2018, Adzuna won the contract to run Find a job, one of the British government’s most used online services.
We treat jobseekers as people not as products. We do the same for our team, seeing the diverse range of strengths they bring to our business. Regardless of background, race, gender, sexuality or ability, we welcome everyone to our team. Our people are the most important asset we have.
Please let us know if we need to accommodate a disability during the hiring process, so that we can give you the support you need.
Proud member of the Disability Confident employer scheme.