We’re looking for an experienced marketing manager to join our small and friendly team. This person will play a crucial part in driving awareness of and traffic to our site and help us to build our brand further. This is a key role within the company, which will have a fast and ongoing tangible impact on commercial performance.
We’re seeking someone with an entrepreneurial approach, brimming with growth ideas and a passion for good food and the people that produce it well. We’re a young company, so the candidate must be a self-starter and be comfortable in a dynamic and evolving environment. We want to see some hustle and creative spirit! We need someone who is eager to deliver growth, making smart decisions about how we create opportunities and effectively build on them. There is opportunity for the role to grow as the company expands, and we are looking for someone who can deliver on their goals and wants to progress.
RESPONSIBILITIES & DUTIES (INCLUDE BUT NOT LIMITED TO):
- Helping to lead and input into the strategic marketing plans, working with the directors along with external agencies
- Creating and delivering multi-channel campaigns and managing any external agencies involved with this. Channels include SEM, SEO, PR, affiliates, email, events, social media and other advertising platforms.
- Major focus on initiating and building partnerships with relevant third parties to stimulate business growth and brand awareness
- Developing and managing the marketing budget along with the directors and setting goals and KPI targets relating to marketing activity
- Planning content to drive organic traffic to the company’s digital properties, including collaborations with relevant third parties to expand the potential reach
- Merchandising the website and email with curated and paid product selections, with a data-driven approach
- In-house content planning, including photography, video and writing, plus the ability to manage and achieve high quality work through third party and internal content producers
- Data-driven approach to all activity, with a test-analyse-refine mindset
- Identification and management of opportunities to grow business customer base
- Reporting and tracking of marketing activities and evolving plans quickly as needed
- Creation of helpful content to support customer and merchant growth
- Adhering to the company’s goals and brand positioning through marketing activities
- Working closely with the rest of the team to identify opportunities, generate ideas and add to the collaborative spirit
- Potential to recruit, mentor and manage new team members as the business grows
KNOWLEDGE AND EXPERIENCE
· 3-5 years experience within a marketplace, retail, e-commerce or consumer environment.
· Experience across PPC, affiliates, social media, CRM or other key B2C marketing channels.
· A proven track record in implementing commercial improvements as a direct result of insights gained.
· Experience with generating traffic and brand awareness with modest budgets.
· Ability to manage own priorities well in the context of the wider business.
· High level of commercial awareness with proven understanding of the role marketing plays in achieving commercial success.
· Passion for supporting small businesses.
· Experience in any role at a marketplace.
· Experience with a start-up or early-stage brand.
· Experience in a revenue-generating role.
· Experience in a business development role.
· User experience training and knowledge of best practices in e-commerce.