We are looking for a Sales Development Representative to be responsible for generating leads and help achieve our ambitious start-up growth targets. The role will involve actively qualifying inbounds, outreach to new leads, engaging with existing leads and gathering data on our existing contacts.
SearchLand is the only off-market site sourcing tool that allows you to contact landowners directly from the platform. It’s the all-in-one property and planning data platform to help streamline the acquisition of land and property.
We launched in January 2021 and have quickly become an industry leader in site sourcing software. SearchLand is not a faceless tech company, we pride ourselves on being on a first-name basis with our customers and it is the SDR’s responsibility to start these relationships.
Your day-to-day responsibilities
- Use of software such as Sales Navigator, HubSpot, Notion etc.
- Qualify leads and schedule meetings for the sales team
- Manage colleague's calendars and keep them up to date with changes
- Work with sale team to win key accounts
- Contribute to team meetings and voice your own opinion
- Show an active interest in the wider built environment sector
- Advise customers on how to leverage the platform for their business
- Own an outbound process that generates new leads
- Freedom to implement your own sales process (within our best practice customer journey guidelines)
- Attend networking events
- This is a big one - no cold calling.
- Presentation skills, both in-person and virtually
- Familiarity with CRM software such as HubSpot (training provided) if not, then an ability to pick up skills quickly
- Familiarity with how to use Excel or Google sheets
- Flexible approach to work.
- Nice to have: Experience in a planning/real estate-related field (i.e. town planning, architecture, agency, construction etc.)
- Nice to have: Experience in working with SAAS businesses.
Why work with SearchLand
- Start-up culture, which ranges from giving you autonomy and ownership over your own work to monthly socials
- Be part of the foundation of a growing company
- Up-skill your professional competencies, from sales & marketing to software development
- Quick career development to BP roles within 6 months (OTE of £75k)
- A unique insight into the planning and real estate industry. You’ll be speaking with businesses of all shapes and sizes in the industry and helping them solve their problems.
- Base salary: £25k - £30k
- On target earnings: £35-40k.
- Remote work available
- £500 personal growth fund
- Property development training days
- Very flexible over location and hours
- Ability to get involved in an early-stage startup with huge potential
- 28 paid holiday days (including national holidays)
- Unlimited unpaid holiday days
Working from home
- Both hybrid and fully work from home roles are available
- We have an office in central London which will be open 5 days a week for use if wanted/needed.
- Submission of CV
- Short competency exercise (more details available at this stage)
- First interview - Intro with Founder/head of sales
- Second interview - longer competency exercise
- Offer + references.
Office location: 65 Goswell Rd, London EC1V 7EN