Sales & Marketing Executive
Aduna is a purpose-driven wellness brand specialising in next-generation superfoods for daily health, wellbeing and positive impact. We are proud to be a B Corp, a certification for businesses that meets high standards of social and environmental impact.
Aduna means ‘life’ or ‘world’ in Wolof, the language of The Gambia & Senegal, where our story began. It speaks to the connection between all living things; an expanded philosophy of wellbeing which is at the heart of everything we do. Our products boost the health of consumers globally while helping create sustainable incomes for small-scale producers and restoring the environment.
For the past ten years we have worked in partnership to create our own baobab fruit supply chain in Northern Ghana, through which we support over 3,000 women, in turn enabling them to support over 20,000 people in their community. Through our wider sourcing, we support hundreds more producers in Egypt, India, Mali, Malawi & beyond. Aduna retail products include single ingredient superfoods, herbal teas and beauty oils, sold in Ocado, H&B, Whole Foods, Planet Organic, Amazon & aduna.com. We also sell our ingredients in bulk to wholesalers and food manufacturers worldwide through our sister brand Aduna Ingredients.
It is an exciting moment for the business as we prepare to reposition for a wider wellness audience, backed by the development and launch two exciting new ranges – functional superfood blends and plant-based proteins.
We are recruiting a high-calibre, high-capacity graduate to support on all aspects of sales and marketing across the business at this important inflection point. We are a small team so you will work directly into the CEO and work closely with the Senior Marketing Manager. This is an excellent opportunity to gain experience in all aspects of a small business in the fast-growing wellness sector, working closely with senior professionals.
- Support CEO on account management and sales admin for key accounts, including H&B, Ocado, Wholefoods, Planet Organic, TJ Maxx, Amazon
- Visit key customers and attend sales meetings (virtual and in person)
- Bulk Ingredients
- Support CEO on account management and sales admin across the bulk business, with a focus on understanding issues around nutrition, quality and technical
- Responding to and managing sales enquiries
- Manage Aduna’s presence on all social media channels (Instagram, Facebook, Pinterest, TikTok, Linked-In) including:
- Draft and schedule all posts/ stories/ reels/ videos using scheduling platforms
- Respond to all comments in timely fashion
- Share weekend social media duty with Senior Marketing Manager
- Support the Senior Marketing Manager to plan and create content for the Aduna brand directly via Canva, In-App editing software and via our external graphic designer
- Work with Senior Marketing Manager to draft and schedule email newsletters and to update and manage website
- Secure and manage brand partnerships
- Support Marketing Director (on maternity leave from Nov 22) on PR activities as required including sending out products, identifying and reach out to influencers and bloggers
- Occasionally help set-up and staff Aduna consumer and trade shows (where a weekend day is worked, a day in lieu will be granted)
- Sundry tasks to support the running of the office & wider team
- Marketing graduate or similar eager to gain experience and get stuck into all aspects of running a small business with a particular focus on sales, marketing and admin
- You must be highly organised and meticulous with an eye for detail and the ability to juggle several work streams and work into several team members
- A critical thinker and problem-solver, you will have the ability to work independently and with little management
- You will have excellent interpersonal and communication skills and be confident to liaise directly with key accounts and
- Ambitious, with an appetite for winning business and making sales
- A natural passion for all things social media is an absolute must for this role – we are looking for someone who lives and breathes this stuff
- You should have your own social media presence on TikTok and Instagram and be confident in growing audiences on these channels
- You will share in our philosophy of wellbeing for all: consumers, planet and producers
- Ideally you will be a natural copy writer and communicator with a flair for storytelling and the ability to create photos and video content
- Ideally you will have knowledge of Canva, Photoshop, Shopify, Klaviyo, MailChimp, Later or at least a desire and willingness to learn how to use these platforms
- Permanent role, 5 days a week
- Hybrid working, with a mixture of working from home and likely 2 days a week in central London with team in a co-working space
- 25 days annual leave plus 4 lieu days per year for weekend SM duty
- Company laptop
- Annual salary of £21,000-25,000 dependent on experience
- Office hours 9.30-5:30pm with 4pm “Feel Good Fridays” in the summer (May-Aug)
How to Apply
- Candidates should submit a CV and cover letter outlining why they are suitable for the role by EOP Fri 30th Sept. Start-date ASAP but by beginning November.