Who we are
Founded in 2014 in London, United Kingdom, Garrison has raised more than $50m to date from London investors including Dawn Capital, IP Group, NM Capital and BGF. Garrison’s strengths lie in its experienced and dedicated teams, building on years of expertise in cyber security to bring genuinely game changing technology to the industry.
Garrison is working to build the future of cyber security and is already deploying at scale in both the government and commercial space. Our existing customers are large organisations averaging over 50,000 employees each, across sectors including banking, insurance, media, telco, law and government.
Our working culture
We are an exciting start-up with ground-breaking technology; a very serious mission to solve real world problems, but with a positive and highly inclusive atmosphere, and an excellent work/life balance!
At Garrison we celebrate diversity and inclusion, and we’re focused on continuously improving equality for the benefit of our employees, products and community. We recruit, develop and retain talent purely on the basis of qualifications, merit and business needs.
We are proud to be an equal opportunity employer and we take every possible step to ensure that every person employed or seeking employment with us receives fair treatment. No-one shall be disadvantaged on the grounds of age, disability, gender, ethnicity, religion or belief, sexual orientation, marital and parental status, neurodiversity, social background, physical ability, illness or otherwise.
Overview of the role
Garrison is looking for a Lab Technician to support activities around our small on-site Production & Development Lab.
As a Lab Technician, you will support our continually growing business with both an increase in the variety and volume of products, working under the instruction of both the Hardware and Production teams to assemble and test our products.
2022/23 is shaping up to be our busiest and most productive year yet, with increasing demand, steady growth, and plenty of impactful projects taking place! Garrison has a challenging, supportive, and fast-moving working environment with a huge opportunity to learn about different technologies, develop new skills and set out on a range of career paths.
- Support product assembly and testing under the guidance of production engineers.
- Support the continual improvement of production documentation by following documented processes and giving feedback
- Ensure the lab regularly reviewed and stocked with consumables
- Ensure the lab space is kept safe and organised
- Support goods receipt process, ensuring stock is booked in correctly and stored as required
- Recognising the industry that Garrison operates in, and appreciating the importance of following Garrison's information security policies.
Skills and experience
You’ll be perfect for the role if you have experience of the following
- Use of mechanical hand tools for completion of assemblies and cables
- Use of electronic test kit as part of production test process (e.g. DMM, Oscilloscope)
- Use of both Linux and Windows Operating Systems to run test scripts
- Attention to detail in following procedures and record-keeping
It would be super useful (but not essential) if you have -
- Ability to solder/rework fine pitched SMD devices
- Knowledge of IPC rework standards
And we are delighted to have team members who show the following qualities -
- Highly collaborative as a team member, with excellent interpersonal skills.
- You are self-motivated, adaptable, enjoy prospecting challenges and delivering results.
- You are calm under pressure and maintain a diplomatic manner even when being challenged.
These are the employee benefits that we can offer you at Garrison:
- 25 days holiday allowance per year (pro-rated) (with the opportunity to purchase more)
- Company pension scheme of 8% base salary (depending on minimum contribution)
- Personal annual training budget
- Share options
- Perkbox discounts
- Life assurance and critical illness cover
- Employee Assistance Programme
- Enhanced parental leave
- Income protection
- Cycle to work scheme
- Interest-free season ticket loans
- Flexible working hours and working from home options
- Daily fruit, snacks and drinks in our offices
- Regular socials – such as games and quiz nights, picnics, theatre, and lots more