FitXR is a fitness technology company working at the cutting edge of virtual reality. We started life in a garden shed in the UK. Fast forward to today and we’re known as the team behind the award-winning VR App FitXR which is one of the top-selling games on the Oculus and Steam stores. We're a fast-growing funded scale-up breaking new grounds in how people move. With backing from top investors such as Hiro Capital, we've achieved 1M+ downloads and changing even more people's lives through virtual reality fitness.We are a global remote first company and our team spans across the UK, US and Spain.
Our team comes from a variety of backgrounds, including fitness and some of the most successful technology and gaming companies in the world. Our mission is to redefine fitness and prove that exercise can be fun - and for everyone. We believe in a future where exercise everywhere - whether that is the gym, the park, or at home - is enhanced through engaging technology that extends your reality.
FitXR have been rated one of the top 10 in The Informations, 50 Most Promising Startups
Find out more here
The Design Team
Product Designers at FitXR play a central role in how we build products, making sure our features are aligned with both business goals and user needs. We are in charge of solving problems visually and strategically across all aspects of the product.
As a Senior Product Designer you will be responsible for designing experiences that impact everything from screens to gameplay to overall experiences. You will help establish workflows, incremental features and improve user experience to help us continue building world-class VR experiences.
What you’ll do
- Provide creative solutions and input on projects.
- Help artists and engineers to ensure assets are created correctly for implementation.
- Design flows and experiences that are incredibly simple and elegant
- Design new experiences or layouts that evolve and define visual systems and generate new visual language
- Give and solicit feedback from designers and a broader product team in order to continually raise our bar for quality
- Lead a partnership with product managers, engineers, researchers and content strategists to oversee the user experience of a product from conception until launch
- Collaborate with product managers, engineers, and cross-functional stakeholders to understand requirements, and provide creative, thoughtful solutions
- Integrate user feedback and business requirements into ongoing product experience updates
- Communicate the user experience at various stages of the design process with wireframes, flow diagrams, storyboards, mockups, and/or high fidelity prototypes
- Advocate for the prioritization of design centered changes, refinements, and improvements
We care more about what you can create than what programs you’re proficient in, but the primary tool used on the product design team is Figma. We track tasks in Jira.
- 5 years of experience in product design or UX
- Portfolio highlighting multiple projects and your direct contributions
- Problem-solving skills and familiarity with technical constraints and limitations as they apply to designing for platforms such as desktop and mobile
- Ability to lead and ideate products from scratch and improve features within a user-centered design process
- Skills in communicating and influencing product design strategy
- Extensive experience building and shipping applications or software at the level of whole features/products that encompass an end-to-end experience across a variety of platforms
- Extensive experience in interaction design with ability to define how an experience should behave based on understanding people's needs, plus consideration of how this innovation will scale. Use appropriate prototyping tools to demonstrate how a particular flow or interaction will work
- Experience designing across multiple platforms, and working with technical/design teams to create user flows, wireframes, and building user interface mockups and prototypes
- Extensive visual design experience with proficiency in typography, desktop/mobile UI, color, layout, iconography and aesthetic sense and how these elements impact product function
- Evidence of strategic product thinking with the ability to develop product goals, identify opportunities, and make decisions based on the impact to people and the company
- Able to represent work to a broader product team and other leaders, clearly and succinctly articulating the goals and concepts
- Ability to showcase your end to end design process across multiple projects, that include interaction and visual design artifacts, multiple iterations, and high-fidelity prototypes
- Ability to connect your work with other related initiatives across the company while driving collaboration
- Ability to address the needs of a diverse target audience, with a focus on designing for inclusion
Nice to Have Skills - the non-essentials
- AR/VR experience
- Motion design experience
- 3D pipeline and game engine experience
- Illustration and iconography experience
You should apply if ✅
- Even if you don’t meet 100% of the requirements as stated, but feel like your experience would be relevant and meet most of the other requirements, we recommend that you apply!
Our benefits are hosted on Ben which gives you flexibility to make choices that work for you.
Fully remote: your life, your way of working
Unlimited annual leave
Competitive salary with half year and end of year reviews
£800 per annum learning budget
£900 per annum wellbeing budget
£400 work from home budget
Bi-annual company retreat & regular get togethers
Laptop & VR headset
⛑ Private Health Insurance
♂️ Annual travel pass & cycle to work scheme
12 weeks full paid family leave