Every year, 200 million Europeans go through the pain of personal tax preparation. If an online bank account can be opened in less than 3 minutes, why can’t doing your taxes be as seamless?
We’re here to fix that. Founded by ex-Wise and Skype folk, we are currently live in UK and Spain, and with recent funding on the path to go far beyond that.
What's this role about
You'll be a core member of an international engineering team (located between UK, Estonia and Spain) and alongside designers and product people will be responsible for building out a pan-European service solving a very real pain point.
This is highly technical role, but also one which needs a strong understanding of your decisions impact the person on the other side of the screen. You'll play an important role in determining the direction of the product.
At the end of the day it doesn't matter how readable or well structured the code is (which it surely also should be), but rather how many people we manage to save from the dread and stress of struggling with their taxes.
What we expect from you
- Problem solving can do attitude
- Able to write clean HTML and CSS in your sleep – well, JSX with a pinch of styled-components
- Experience working with REST based APIs – our back-end speaks C# / .NET
- Practical appreciation for well written and organised code
- Passion for learning and helping others
- Good communicator and a true team player
- Highly proficient in English, both written and spoken
Bonus points for
- Experience with back-end technologies, especially C# / .NET
- Experience in UX design
- Experience in taking on lead roles in team
- Having messed up badly and learned from it
What we offer
We pride ourselves in tailoring our working environment around our team. Nevertheless, there are some perks that come with working at TaxScouts.
- Highly driven international team solving a real problem
- Motivating salary based on your experience
- Employee share options
- Contributory pension scheme
- 28 days holiday
- Annual budget for professional self-development
- Flexible working as standard
- Company culture where world class user experience has a front-row seat
- Office space and travel opportunities between London, Madrid and Tallinn
Unfortunately, we are unable to offer visa sponsorship.