Cygnet Energy is a vibrant start-up with solar farms spread across: Africa, Belgium, Middle East and soon to be the UK. We are looking for a legal (lawyer) to join our company as we seek to expand further in the UK. We are looking for a new law graduate to join us on this journey as our very own exclusive in house legal counsel ineternship role, with the position being transfered over to a full time in house legal councel.
We are looking for a Legal Counsel Intern to oversee the legal aspects of our business. You will safeguard our reputation by guaranteeing that the company strictly follows law guidelines and give legal advice to management about all relevant issues.
The successful candidate will effectively ensure legal conformity and minimize probability of exposure.
- Give accurate and timely counsel to executives in a variety of legal topics (labor law, partnerships, international ventures, corporate finance etc.)
- Collaborate with management to devise efficient defense strategies
- Specify internal governance policies and regularly monitor compliance
- Research and evaluate different risk factors regarding business decisions and operations
- Apply effective risk management techniques and offer proactive advise on possible legal issues
- Communicate and negotiate with external parties (regulators, external counsel, public authority etc.), creating relations of trust
- Draft and solidify agreements, contracts and other legal documents to ensure the company’s full legal rights
- Deal with complex matters with multiple stakeholders and forces
- Provide clarification on legal language or specifications to everyone in the organization
- Conduct your work with integrity and responsibility
- Maintain current knowledge of alterations in legislation
Requirements and skills
- Proven experience as a Legal Counsel in business environment (academia is fine if you're a new graduate).
- Excellent knowledge and understanding of corporate law and procedures
- Full comprehension of the influences of the external environment of a corporation
- Demonstrated ability to create legal defensive or proactive strategies
- High degree of professional ethics and integrity
- Sound judgement and ability to analyse situations and information
- Outstanding communication skills
- BSc degree in Law or J.D. degree
*Travel and pesonal expenses will be paid for.*
*Salary and company equity will be discussed at a later stage.*