We are on a mission to make buying and selling consumer electronics safer and more transparent. Up to 90% of second-hand consumer electronics transactions are at risk of fraud. Using machine learning powered verification technology at vendi we are solving this massive problem. We want more people to reuse devices between themselves safely and at the right price. We want to build a larger and safer circular economy. If this sounds something that you like, continue reading!
About the role:
We are looking for an Operations Manager (from 0 - 3 years of experience) to contribute full time to the fast growth of the company. vendi is currently headquartered in central London where the UK team is based. As an Ops Manager you will work at the office to help on:
- Product verification / authentication
- Logistics: packaging and getting the products ready for buyers!
- Customer support: Deal with buyer and seller requests via chat / email and calls!
- Process improvement: working on automating and improving the existing processes
You will also get to work with the founders of the company and the rest of the team in London as well as having access and connect with the team in India. The company is experiencing strong growth so it is a great opportunity to build your professional skills in a quick changing environment.
The role will require full time availability as well as going to the office 4-5 days a week (to help on verification and sending packages!)
Your skills / criteria:
- Passionate about making marketplaces safe and growing the circular economy
- Past experience in Operations is not mandatory
- Organised, process oriented and people driven
- Creative and hard worker - lots to do!
- No need of many years of experience but some is always good
- Bonus: Buyer / seller in marketplaces like Gumtree, eBay, Facebook Marketplace, likes the consumer electronics sector!
- 0 - 3 years of experience or placement year is fine!
- Start-up competitive and option to get equity!