At Behaviour Lab, we’re changing the way the world makes investments — but we can’t do it alone.
We empower assets managers, private equity firms, insurance companies and executive boards across the globe to solve their trickiest problems. Our approach brings together analytics, research, algorithms, and science to help organizations continually improve their decision-making.
Behaviour Lab’s vision is to help transform how the £70 trillion active asset management industry makes their investment decisions through our smart decision-making platform using behaviour science and advanced analytics.
We are looking for a Python Engineer who can be part of enabling us to do so. The successful candidate will ideally already have experience working with financial data. They will have an entrepreneurial mindset and be excited to colour outside the lines and wear whatever hat needs wearing to get the job done.
If you are a passionate problem solver with a can-do-attitude, driven by being part of a team that is at the forefront of innovation, and wanting to go that extra mile, then we may be just the team for you.
- 3+ years of hands-on experience as a Python engineer building python infrastructure, working with analytics services, APIs, optimising performance, and working with cloud environments such as AWS
- Strong working knowledge of structuring, maintaining, and growing relational databases
- Understanding of data science toolkits such as Jupyter Notebook, and standard Python libraries such as NumPy, Pandas, scikit-learn, etc.
- Comfortable building solutions on AWS and leveraging cloud service provider infrastructure to solve complex problems
- Knowledge of engineering best practices and processes such as TDD, code reviews, code refactoring, branch management and CI/CD practices is essential
- Excellent troubleshooting and problem-solving skills
- Strong communication skills both verbally and in writing
What the job involves
- Being a SME to the business in all areas Python, on our data analytics infrastructure and lifecycle approaches
- Writing effective and scalable code using Python and cloud service solutions
- Work with financial data from a variety of client and third-party sources
- Developing back-end product components, databases and manage their deployments to AWS
- Work closely with the back-end developers and data scientists to help scope, plan and build python infrastructure features and components
- Support the tech lead on resolving bottlenecks to ensure timely delivery of features
- Documenting, testing, and debugging of new analytics modules and product features
Our Tech Stack
We use a range of technologies in our stack across the front-end and back-end:
- Serverless powers almost all our infrastructure from on-demand analytics services to front end deployments
- Python powers our analytics infrastructure to identify investment decision making patterns and run complex calculations and algorithms against large datasets
- A mix of relational database technologies including AuroraDB (MySQL)
- A continuous deployment and integration process based on Bitbucket pipelines
How do we know you're the perfect match?
- You’re passionate about innovation
- You enjoy highly collaborative work
- You thrive in a constantly evolving environment with challenging problems
- You’re highly organised and love getting things done
- You’re a good finisher, as well as a self-starter
- The opportunity to be part of building and shaping the culture of a company focusing on a highly innovative space within the investment industry
- Somewhere you can instantly see the impact you have on your team and clients’ performance, and where you are helping change the way investment decisions are made
- A chance to learn from a group of individuals with world leading experiences across investment classes, change management and behavioural science
- A learning culture with dedicated time to learn new skills
- Great office in central London with a gym and wonderful rooftop
- Private health insurance
- A competitive salary, option plan and performance-based bonus
- This is a full-time role
- We are open to visa sponsorship
- Option to work remote up to 3 days per week