💰£60-75k + meaningful equity
📍London - in office + some flexibility
What we're looking for
A world-class team is looking for its first full-time product design hire to continue to build and iterate on our investment platform focussed on professional athletes.
🏆 Who You Are
- An exceptional Product Designer with an explosive mix of endless creativity, outstanding visual taste, and a sensible eye for UX detail
- A product thinker - you care about why you’re designing something and what impact it will have for the user
- Someone who has a design process that puts the human first. You use data and research where necessary, and validate design through testing
- A brilliant communicator - you can explain and rationalise the reasons for your design decisions, and can receive and give constructive feedback
- Able to work independently as part of a small team and working directly with Founders / C-Suite on design projects
- Fluent in designing for mobile devices and with a strong portfolio of projects showing your interaction and visual design skills
- Someone who understands how digital products get built, and you have 3+ years experience shipping them
- Fluent in iOS and Android design and know when to reuse existing patterns
- Adaptable and willing to roll up your sleeves and work on other marketing design projects understanding we are an early-stage company.
- You have an existing passion for or an interest in learning more about the worlds of startup investing and professional sport
- Meaningful options package
- Private healthcare
- We offer perks through Juno, a holistic perks platform
- Generous parental leave policy
- We believe our best work is done together in the office, but we offer flexibility for team members to work up to 1 day per week at home
🎯 Our Values
We are here to win - not just to take part. Just like our clients who operate at the elite level of sport, we understand that in order to win; we need to put in the work. This means going the extra mile, being willing to do what others will not and holding ourselves to a higher standard. Some companies play to not lose, we play to win. We are proactive, decisive and have the courage to take risks.
We pay it forward - we are always helpful. To customers, to partners and most importantly to each other. Not because it will ‘pay back’, because it’s the right thing to do.
We are adaptable - we understand in a world that is changing faster than ever before - the only constant is change. The average lifespan of a Fortune 100 company in 1958 was 61 years, now it is 18 years. We adapt to a changing world, constantly iterating, moving forward and staying relevant.
Yes first - we are on a mission to build something which has never been done before from the ground up. It will be a hard journey full of challenges which are currently unsolved. Our culture is defined by the fact that when we are confronted with challenges, we work from the assumption that it is possible to overcome them.
We are transparent - we challenge each other. Regardless of title, seniority or reporting lines. We give feedback and we are hungry to receive it. We value honest feedback delivered with kindness, and we value people who ask questions.
We always trust, respect and care for each other - it’s no easy feat working in a startup, let alone one with goals as ambitious as ours. At sequel we believe no one is ever too busy to support fellow team members and that we should always be helpful, inclusive and selfless in the way we work. Diversity of background and thought is celebrated as we respect and appreciate what makes us all different. We don’t tolerate free riders, egos or workplace politics.
How to Apply
Please make sure to answer the following questions in the application:
- Why do you want to work at Sequel as compared to any other company?
- Please share links or screenshots of products you have worked on, and describe which parts you were responsible for.
At this point we can only support Visas from the EU or accept people with work permits in the UK.
Sequel was founded in 2022 by serial entrepreneurs and investors Alex Macdonald, Nick Telson and Andrew Webster. Philipp Omenitsch recently joined as Chief Technology Officer. The company is backed by investors and advisors including elite athletes and some of the most experienced angel investors and founders in the world. The company is in ‘stealth’ with a public launch planned in the coming months.