Who We Are
Kintek are a boutique, UK-based tech company that connects technology and people in a smart and meaningful way.
We are focused on providing clients with a wide-range of technology services, delivered to the highest professional standard.
We work from a vibrant co-working space with excellent transport links near Old Street in Central London. Our culture is informal, hard-working and supportive. Our approach is fast paced, and we are constantly challenging, testing and adapting the way we do things.
The Role - Summary
As part of our growth Kintek is seeking an eager and intelligent candidate to support our technology deployment (Apple iOS, iPadOS, Android, MacOS) at one of our large corporate clients sites.
You will be a go-to point of contact for all Kintek related queries, service requests, and incidents. This will involve managing requests, helping our users resolve day-to-day issues, providing clients with new device setups, supporting various IT projects and initiatives, and directly contributing to the company's success.
This is a multifaceted position that will give the right candidate exposure to different areas of the business. You’ll be a key member of our team and you’ll receive training, coaching and support along the way. The role will be based at our clients site in Reading.
The Technical Expert will support with various areas of the business, including:
- Setting up Apple & Android Devices and configuring them to user requirements.
- Meeting with users to handover Apple & Android devices.
- Training users on how to user their Apple & Android devices.
- Assess Customer Needs - i.e. how the end user would like their iPad to be configured.
- Be the first point of contact for answering helpdesk queries related to Apple & Android devices - In Person, via Phone and via Email.
- Assisting with new I.T project installations e.g. Digital Signage, Video Conferencing Systems, VOIP.
- Respond to requests for service and incidents of service disruption in accordance with agreed service levels (SLAs).
- Provide level 1/1st line technical support in a friendly and empathetic manner, escalating to more senior colleagues and/or leads/managers when deemed appropriate.
- Contribute to our knowledge base with new articles, how to guides, etc.
The Ideal Candidate
Below are the key traits and knowledge an ideal candidate will probably have; however, everyone’s story is different and we are not looking for someone who fits in a box - so this is a wish list, not a precise list. If the role sounds exciting to you, please send us a message!
We would really want you to…
✔️ Have excellent computer based skills and proficiency with Apple products and Google Android mobile devices.
✔️ Be fluent in English, with strong written and verbal communication skills.
✔️ Have strong organisational skills and excellent attention to detail.
✔️ Have analytical skills and feel comfortable with numbers and data.
✔️ Enjoy helping others and resolving problems with patience and compassion.
✔️ Have excellent communication, prioritisation, and time management skills.
✔️ Make informed decisions quickly and are comfortable dealing with ambiguity.
✔️ Be pro-active, a fast learner and not afraid to try new things.
✔️ Have interest in Apple products, Android products and new emerging technology products.
It's a bonus if you…
✔️ Have knowledge of Simple MDM and VMWare Workspace ONE UEM.
✔️ Have experience working in a startup environment.
- Salary: up to £30k per year (full-time), depending on experience
- Our Hours: Monday to Friday, 9am - 5pm
- Location: Our client's site in Reading
- Regular team socials
- 27” iMac Computer or MacBook to work on
- 28 Days Holiday (pro-rated)
- Workplace pension scheme
Please send a cover letter/introduction and a CV to email@example.com.
What are the next steps?
- A video call with our Business Development Manager (40 min)
- Take-home task
- In-person interview with our CEO (45 min)
- Feedback & offer
Please use the subject line “Applying for a Technical Expert role” in your application so we know that you have read the full job description :)