If you are a quick learner with a drive to keep improving, enjoy solving problems and contributing to process improvements this could be the job for you! We are looking for a dynamic and friendly individual to join our Accounts Payable team at Sportpursuit.
From day one you’ll be dealing with high volumes of complex invoices, using your analytical skills to track down differences between the stock we receive and the stock we’re billed for. You’ll then work closely with your colleagues and supplier contacts to resolve those issues, successfully paying the invoices and paving the way for great relationships with our suppliers.
This role is UK remote based and suits someone who is genuinely interested in getting stuck in!
Key responsibilities in this role
- Reviewing and approving invoices, managing complex queries using Excel
- Liaising with people in the finance team, wider company and suppliers to problem solve invoice queries when they arise
- Supporting the finance team to ensure the wider team achieves departmental objectives e.g., bank reconciliation, cash flow forecasting
As a SportPursuit employee we assume you will have a problem-solving mindset, and be able to respond to challenges with creative solutions. You will be a team player and will be willing to get stuck in, one of our key values at SportPursuit. We do however require a few specifics from you.
To be successful in this role you must have:
- Committed to producing high quality outputs within strict deadlines
- An organised and methodical approach
- Strong analytical skills, used to identify and improve upon existing accounts payable processes
- Strong English written and verbal communication skills
- 2:1 undergraduate degree (2:2 considered with strong UCAS) and 128+ UCAS points or equivalent
Nice to have but not essential:
- Experience of using Excel – Don’t worry, we can teach you all you’ll need to know if you are keen to learn!
- Self-driven, results-oriented with a great eye for detail and enthusiastic with a proactive ‘Can-do’ attitude
- A desire to learn for a career in Finance
- Friendly and dynamic working environment with a Core Hours working pattern!
- Holiday – get stuck into your adventures. 25 days of holiday a year as standard with the opportunity to purchase an additional 5 days extra! Our Bank Holidays are flexible as well.
- Work anywhere in the world for up to 30 working days a year!
- Workplace pension - we're set up with The People's Pension to make sure we're contributing to help you save for retirement.
- Learning and Development budget available to all employees.
- Staff discount for access to great quality kit.
- Lunch & Learn sessions.
- Socials – A social budget which grows every time we hit budget, with a social team that just loves using it!
- Hybrid working model where we are mostly remote. But don't worry, when you're in the office we'll have lots of free food and drink - help yourself to tea and coffee as well as healthy snacks and fresh fruit. Other treats are also on hand - Chocolate Hobnobs are an office favourite!
Diversity at SportPursuit:
SportPursuit recruits, employs, trains and promotes regardless of race, religion, colour, national origin, sex, disability, age, gender identity and/or expression, or any other protected status. SportPursuit are dedicated to nurturing an inclusive environment where employees can bring their full selves to work. We celebrate diversity of thought and recognise the strength and dynamism that comes with it.
SportPursuit fuels sporting adventure with affordable, great quality kit. Founded in 2011, we are an innovative online retailer with over 7 million members across the UK, Europe and beyond. We hunt down the best deals available online on a wide range of quality sports and outdoor brands and create an inspiring, personalised shopping experience for each customer. Everyone in the SportPursuit team has the opportunity to make a difference and help grow the business