Motorway is the UK’s fastest-growing used car marketplace – our online-only platform connects private car sellers with thousands of verified dealers nationwide, ensuring everyone gets the best deal.
Founded in 2017, our award winning, technology-led approach has redefined the experience of selling a car, generating thousands of monthly car sales and helping us to grow to a team of over 250 across 4 locations.
Motorway is now valued at over $1 billion and is backed by some of the world’s leading technology investors, having raised £143 million in Series C funding.
This is a unique opportunity to join a fast-growing scale-up at a crucial phase of growth and help change an industry for the better.
About the role
Motorway is seeking a talented Senior Product Designer to join our expanding team. You will be part of a cross-functional squad working alongside a Product Manager and Engineers, responsible for designing features for new product areas. You’ll also join our amazing Design Team and supported by our Head of Design and other Product Designers, User Researchers, UX Writers and Brand Designers.
Motorway is a design-focused organisation; extending to the founding team; with a very strong focus on creating amazing user experiences and high quality products. We have a creative and fun working environment where innovation is greatly encouraged. You can read more about the team here.
Some of the things you’ll be doing are:
- Working in our post-sale experience, designing end-to-end customer journeys.
- Participating in user research and product planning to understand problems our users have and formulate hypotheses for testing.
- Leading discovery activities and running creative workshops.
- Collaborating with the wider Design Team to share ideas and ensure a consistent approach to user experience and user interface design.
- Using tools (we primarily use Figma) to create compelling designs from lo-fidelity prototypes to finished screens ready to launch.
- Presenting to stakeholders, collaborating closely to ensure your design solutions align to business objectives.
- Be a valued member of the team, sharing your experiences and knowledge, living our values and adding to our culture.