Who are we?
Cargoscanner is challenging the way commercial cargo is picked up and delivered on roads by using technology to find efficiencies and reduce cost for shippers while increasing revenues for carriers. Our mission is to make road transport good for business and better for the environment.
We are a close knit diverse team with backgrounds in marketing & operations, finance and transport. We are looking to expand our existing team and bring in a Co-Founder/CTO whose entrepreneurial and engineering background can help us bridge the gap between our commercial savvy and product development. You will help us achieve and play a leading part in our ambitious growth and this is your chance to join and make a difference with a company intent on making an impact in more ways than just transportation- you will become a leading figure in the company as we rapidly grow in size.
Whilst we're beginning to build an office in London, you can still work from anywhere in the world- the key thing for us is to find someone with experience in the start-up space specifically transport and a deep understanding of software engineering and development.
We won't be hiring egos. We're looking for a tech-nerd, dedicated to solving and overcoming technological barriers and challenges.
- Someone who understands what it takes to succeed in a startup and be disciplined enough to manage yourself
- Someone who is looking to join and help drive a company they can help build from the ground up
- Are obsessed with using technology to solve large problems
- Understand transport and freight transport (preferable)
- Has experience building products and hiring engineers
What to expect
- Passionate debates and conversations about product direction
- International and diverse core team
- A lot of ambiguity and fluidity with lots of space for creativity
- Flexible work culture - it’s not a 9-5 and you will be your own boss which means freedom but also results no matter what
- Solution driven work culture
What you’ll do
- Be responsible for managing minimum viable product development and production
- Design technical architecture and develop source code for product if and when needed
- Bridge the gap between technical requirements, technical teams and business goals and teams
- Translate technical jargon into easy to understand language for team and other stakeholders
- Support and contribute to grant and funding documentation with technical content
- Manage software development with internal and external teams
- Manage and recruit other developers and software partners
- Carry out other engineering tasks when required
What you get
- Opportunity to be part of building the next European unicorn in exchange for substantial shares.
- International trips and hotels are covered (we have a partnership with the International Road Union and LINAVA) so we may need to visit Switzerland, Lithuania or Brussels (European Commission).
There is plenty more to say and explain so if you're curious to hear it - please send a copy of your CV along with a covering note on what you find attractive about working with us.