An opportunity to improve NHS Staff wellbeing through access to tasty, affordable meals
We are on a mission to solve feeding NHS staff across the UK. We started as charity back in March 2020 with one simple aim - get food to frontline NHS workers. Since that first delivery, Meals For The NHS went on to raise £1.8m from the public, delivering over 300,000 meals to 147 hospitals from over 220 food providers, all powered by an awesome team of 100 volunteers.
In March 2021, we built and launched a new meal delivery system which delivers 24/7 access to nutritious, delicious and affordable food (£3.99 or less) into an NHS Hospital. Our service is growing - and we now service multiple hospitals with a long waiting list.
What’s the role and location?
We are looking for an Operations manager or Head of Operations to join us full time (3-4 days a week on hospital sites around all parts of London and our distribution centre in NW London Zone 3, and 1 day working from home). You must love managing teams involved in day to day food logistics, building and implementing processes and systems, and be excited about delivering a reliable and consistent food service into the NHS. We’d expect you love being hands on, on the road daily, and leading your team from the front by setting an example. Please note - the job title and salary may vary based on your experience level.
What are we looking for?
- At least 4-6 years experience managing operations and logistics teams of 5-15 full time people
- Track record in managing the day-to-day operations of a food logistics / supermarket / F&B company
- Designed and implemented processes and tools to efficiently grow an operational team
- Self starter, hands on management to get things done, comfortable producing and working with data
- Developed and managed processes, systems, SOPs and KPIs
- Someone who is #PatientlyAmbitious (we are currently not a “hyper-growth” business)
What are your responsibilities?
- Manage motivate and efficiently grow our on-the-ground food logistics team (refillers and drivers):
Build and manage day-to-day food operations and logistics
- Current team of 4, expecting to grow to 6-12 within one year
- Find, hire, train, develop, retain, motivate and incentivise the team
- Set rota, schedules, holidays, hour tracking and payroll
- Do performance management, 1-2-1s and weekly meetings
- Do weekly hospital site and distribution centre inspections
Manage customer support and feedback
- Work with senior team to define our food logistics model
- Goods in, transportation and delivery into our DC and between sites
- Setting SOPs for food safety processes, temperature control, and HACCPs
- Setting SOPs for food expiry, refills, wastage, cleaning
- Managing waste control and reduction by organising team to run daily promotions and stock movement
- Managing stock updates, stock control, and sundries stock management and ordering
- Being ultimately responsibility for all day-to-day logistics issues (breakdown, tickets, delivery issues)
Manage on-site reliability and uptime
- Manage the 0.5 FTE we have dedicated to customer support (and grow if needed)
- Oversee emails, phone calls and customer refunds (currently, under 10 emails a day)
- Gather as much on-the-ground feedback from customers, and share it with ordering team
- Daily checks that all our food machines are working ok (temperature, payments, and misvends)
- Issue reporting, management and resolution with our tech partner
If you are interested in the role, please email firstname.lastname@example.org with a CV and Cover Letter.