Help Gecko place the latest innovations into the hands of some of the world's best-known Universities!
Are you an ambitious and talented PHP Developer who is passionate about great code and good practice? Do you “geek-out” over awesome craftsmanship?
Do you consider yourself opinionated, yet open-minded and even consider yourself a dissenter - someone who isn't afraid to break from the norm and challenge their team and company to always improve?
Would you say you are growth-oriented - someone wants to grow personally and professionally?
Are you a collaborator who loves to work with your teammates on interesting problems?
Would you describe yourself as curious and creative - someone who likes to experiment? Do you agree that failing fast and learning faster means that making mistakes isn’t a bad thing?
Are you someone who is not only outcome-oriented, but who is driven to get there?
If this resonates with you then we welcome applications from engineers with solid experience under their belt, who want to be part of a brilliant, forward-thinking and growing team.
We want to ensure we continue innovate and to deliver the smartest solutions to common challenges faced in the Higher Education sector and we want you to help us to do it!
As a Gecko Software Engineer, a typical day may include a blend of:
- #1 Development work - designing and implementing low-latency, high availability and performant software;
- Addressing technical problems, sharing knowledge of how to design features around our codebase across the team;
- Collaborating with others, including different areas of the business, to ensure the quality of our products;
- Contributing to our Agile ceremonies across two-week sprint cycles;
- Growing with the team and business and being a master of your own destiny!