Remeo was born five years ago out of a desire to shake up the ice-cream world by delivering the natural pleasure of the finest Gelato & Sorbetto in the comfort of your home, wrapped in innovative packaging that doesn’t harm the environment.
Based in London but with production in Italy we bring you the authentic Italian experience.
We are now pioneering the super-premium ice-cream segment and are scaling up.
We have launched the brand throughout the UK, in the likes of Waitrose, Ocado, Amazon Fresh, Whole Foods and Quick-Commerce, and recently in France!
Remeo is well-funded and backed by an exciting group of experienced and high level individuals in the food industry. With this fast growth we are now on the hunt for an ambitious, energetic and accomplished Senior Supply Chain Manager who can own this next phase of growth.
The candidate will be owner of the whole supply chain function: order flow, inventory / stock holding etc as well as owning the NPD/EPD function. He/she will forecast and plan production schedules for Remeo’s whole product portfolio and packaging: manage production levels, identify material shortages and monitor inventory levels to meet order delivery requirements.
He/she will hold and nurture the relationship with our Italian manufacturers and suppliers overseeing production and packaging design/printing process, new / existing product development, identifying & solving any production issues and making sure that all the quality standards are satisfied to deliver best in class Gelato!
He/she will also support tightly the Sales team and new products implementation through the supply plans and ensure project launch OTIF.
If you are an ambitious person who loves the rewarding challenge of building a brand, we may be made for each other!
The candidate must also have a genuine interest and knowledge of Italian culture and cuisine.
This role is pivotal to the continued growth of Remeo Gelato.
We are looking for someone to lead Supply Chain & Product pipeline, manage stakeholders and help us shape our growth strategy.
- Prepare, issue and track short and long-term supply plans according to company purchasing policies and procedures ensuring stock availability while meeting Inventory Turn target
- Implement best in class practices to make our supply chain more efficient
- By working closely with our supplier base, put in place procedures to make sure product quality is consistent throughout and always at best – we are a premium brand and product quality is paramount!!
- Proactively identify slow moving and obsolete finished good risks, report and follow up by closely working with other members of the team
- Regularly check for potential out of stocks due to production delay / change in demand or other factors. Take immediate action to ensure product availability by adjusting supply plan and ensuring actions are put in place for issue mitigation and earlier production when necessary
- Support new products development and launch
- Build strong work relationship with suppliers and other cross functional team members
- Ensure comprehensive specifications are in place for all products and packaging
- Perform supplier audits against a specific standard to ensure product quality.
- Write ad hoc best practices and SOPs such as recall, date coding, waste management, complaints analysis.
- Regularly identify stock holding requirements by analysing demand, supply pattern with a view to achieve KPI targets
- Run regular Root cause analysis on relevant KPI’s (OOS, inventory turn, Plan compliance, PO maintenance...)
SKILLS AND QUALIFICATIONS
- 4+ years of experience in supply chain within FMCG industry
- Self starter, proactive and entrepreneurial
- Strong people and communication skills
- Strong sense of urgency and of responsibility
- Must be a team player and demonstrate successful experience working in a cross functional team environment
- Must have strong numerical skills
- Must have advanced Microsoft Office Excel skills
- Ability to work independently and achieve goals and meet timelines
TALENT DEVELOPMENT AND BENEFITS
WHAT WE OFFER
- Full range of free training courses on 360 degrees subjects through Young Foodies
- Weekly coaching sessions from professional career / life coaches through More Happi
- Company laptop
- Vitality Health Insurance
- Italy trips to the manufacturers!
- Unlimited Gelato & Sorbetto
- Weekly breakfast and weekly drinks in the office
A flexible working environment – at the moment most of the team are in the office 4 days per week