We have a need for a part-time contractor who can work remotely anywhere in Canada, the US, the UK or Europe. This is an ongoing need and could develop into a permanent part-time contract or staff position. This is an outside ir35 contract.
Who we are: Chelo is the latest AI Tech startup to come out of Post Urban Ventures, a highly successful deep tech AI venture builder. We are a team of serial entrepreneurs with PhDs from Cambridge, MIT, and UCL that is, fully funded, and on a mission to transform the way companies operate, grow, implement their vision, create cultures and products. You can learn more about us here: https://posturban.vc/
What we are working on: We operate in the deep tech AI space, where we focus on applying fundamental science to business problems as we create solutions. As such, we are often developing prototypes to prove our fundamental science hypotheses and we need help creating product on top of these scientific prove outs. For Chelo, we are focusing on the application of graph structures and AI to knowledge base creation. Any experience with graph database environments and managing qualtitve data visualizations will be helpfull.
We are looking for an experienced Senior Designer to lead the research activities that will help define and drive the future of our products. You’ll be working on a fast-paced, entrepreneurial team in order to discover, explore, and validate Chelo's business propositions as we grow the product. Because this is a graph database product, we need someone who is comfortable with complex visualizations of nested and related information.
What we are looking for: In this role here are the key competencies we are looking for.
- Creative: You will help define the problem—not just help influence the solution. You will come up with practical ways to formulate research and design questions, explore problem spaces, and surface insights before having all the information.
- Quick. You can scale—up and down—your research activities to reflect the need: not everything needs to be completely understood or take weeks to deliver value. You look for opportunities to leverage other learning's and insights, even if they aren’t a perfect fit.
- Unconventional. We work on complex challenges that invite bold and unorthodox approaches. You’re not afraid to suggest something that sounds odd or risky, and you build on the ideas of others.
- Comfortable with iterative change. We often need to quickly change direction based on what we’ve learned—or still need to learn. We can be working on more than one idea at a time, ideas can move forward, or ideas can be shelved.
- Embracing ambiguity. We deal with challenges that no one else has tackled yet. We make decisions based on the data we have, knowing there are areas of the problem space we just don’t know much about yet.
- Experimental: Open to trying new ways of doing things. We embrace experimentation, look for inspiration in non-traditional spaces, and measure things to see what works.
- Imperfect. You don't let perfection be the enemy of the good or good enough, to start.
If this is you and you are comfortable working in undefined creative space, we would love to here from you.