At Unitu, we’re on a mission to help Universities enhance student life by amplifying student voices and being more effective in closing the feedback loop.
We’re doing this by providing an online platform for university staff that enables them to collect and act on student feedback quickly whilst allowing students to clearly see the impact of their voice based on the actions taken by the University.
To learn more about how our product works, watch this short video: https://vimeo.com/352025918
We are seeking a UX Designer for a part-time and 3-month contract, with the option to go full-time based on performance.
We are looking for an experienced UX Designer with UI skills to help us enhance our product for a core target audience and platform users.
Terms of the role:
- Length of contract: 3 months
- Official start date: Nov 29, 2022
- Salary: £700
- Hours per week: 15 hours per week
- Working style: Hybrid
Responsibilities: (Duties and Responsibilities)
1) Work closely with the product team to identify research goals and establish and implement an overall research strategy.
2) Build a picture of the target users based on their needs, wants, motivations and challenges;
3) Write usability research screener questionnaires and discussion guides;
4) Recruit targeted users for specific research studies;
5) Helping develop and implement quantitative surveys;
6) Conducting client and stakeholder interviews;
7) Providing actionable and meaningful recommendations for the product team;
8) Presenting findings of the design research to a larger team clearly and in an organized manner;
9) Take findings and implement a user flow of the to-be iterations on our product
10) Take user flows and provide simple wireframes of the to-be iterations of our product
11) Interpret data and feedback to implement into design iterations
12) Determine information architecture and create sitemaps to plan for usability sitemaps.
13) Create prototypes and wireframes to determine the interface's intended functionality.
14) Conduct usability testing on wireframes or high-fidelity mockups to get feedback and feed it to the iteration.
- Ability to conduct user research
- Wireframing and prototyping skills
- Ability to create visual designs
- Ability to understand end users.
- Must have Excellent English communication Skills (written & verbal)
- Proven work experience as a UX Designer or similar role and UI skills
- Portfolio of design projects
- Team spirit; strong communication skills to collaborate with various stakeholders
- Good time-management skills
- Knowledge of using the following tools would be a plus: Lucid.app, Jira, Mixpanel,Olvy, and Google DataStudio.
Equal Opportunities Statement
We are an equal-opportunity employer. We believe in the power of a diverse, inclusive team.
We welcome all applications from all suitably qualified people, regardless of race, sex, disability, religion/belief, sexual orientation or age.
Please let us know if you require anything which would enable your success throughout our interview process.