Head of Sales
- £95,000 - £140,000
- Share Options (we use the Index Ventures Matrix for calculations)
- London (remote 3 days, in person 2 days)
- Full benefits here
Hear more about the position from our CEO Ben:
What is cord?
Our mission is to increase the number of people doing their best work.
cord is a messaging tool that enables the most simple transaction on earth - a conversation - to happen between someone and their future colleagues. So far, we’ve started over 200,000 conversations, helped thousands of people find their best work, and built whole companies in the process.
It’s a little different…
In some ways, sales at cord is exactly what you might expect…It’s B2B SaaS. A small team of 8. A mixture of outbound and inbound. The sales cycle is short and having grown organically with SMBs, our enterprise user base is now steadily growing. We have interesting partnership opportunities, strong networks effects and a stand out product too. But in other ways, sales at cord is very different.
cord gives people direct access to opportunities. And during a tough economic period - it’s even tougher to find them. Sales at cord is more than churning out numbers. Sales at cord means creating a marketplace of opportunities - so more people can do their best work. That’s why we are doubling down and hiring a Head of Sales to take us through £10m ARR and beyond.
From day 1, you’ll report to the CEO and join the Senior Leadership Team. As Head of Sales, you will lead a team of 8 - made up of SDRs, AEs, Partnerships, and RevOps.
You will be responsible for the following:
- Driving cord sales across the UK and Europe.
- Translating company goals into your team’s strategy, routed in empathy, research, deep data analysis, and focused on results. You’ll experiment ferociously to always improve this. Building a scalable sales process to help us reach our growth goals.
- Playing an integral role on the SLT, leading our revenue conversations.
- Line management of an existing sales team full of incredible individuals
- Previous experience as a Sales Leader for a growing B2B SaaS start-up/scale-up (circa £5m <> £10m ARR).
- Measurable evidence of significant revenue growth.
- Experience managing and growing a diverse sales team of both SDRs and AEs.
- Experience selling into SMB/high growth tech companies (enterprise experience would be a plus!)
- Strong outbound experience.
- A passion for building teams - you don’t just grow revenue, you also grow people and culture
In the future
What we are really looking for, is an experienced (or very high aptitude) sales leader who can partner with the CEO to own revenue growth into the future.
Our ambitions are not small. We have already launched in New York with a GTM team of 4 - and plan on continually launching in new locations and new markets.
As Head of Sales, you’ll lead our revenue growth into the future and shape cord.
The position will be based in our London Hub. We work together in-person on Wednesday & Thursdays - remote the rest of the time.
Note: we often travel for quarterly offsites - and to be with our GTM team in New York.
The interview process
The first stage will be a call with me (Rebecca 👋🏻)
The second will be a call with our Co-founder and CEO, Ben.
From there - we’ll organise time a time for you to meet the sales team in our London Bridge hub
… before making a final decision.
Drop me a message
If you are interested, just drop me (Rebecca) a message. You can also find a more detailed job description here: Head of Sales - Job Description