Insight and Analytics Manager
40 million people wear spectacles in the UK alone, but the optical industry hasn’t changed in more than three centuries. Products are tired, standards are poor, and glasses wearers have got used to sub-standard experiences. The reason we exist, our core purpose is to change the spectacles industry for the better and make spectacles great again.
The most important characteristic for anyone joining us is an alignment to our core values. You will be the type of person that always looks to improve things by finding a way that is simpler or simply better (Pioneer). You will be someone that takes pride in their work, always doing it properly even when you’re exhausted (Proud). And you will do all of this without ego, staying humble, accessible and empathetic (For All).
We believe data, insight, and a deep understanding of human behaviour, is central to creating a better experience for choosing, buying and owning spectacles. As Insight and Analytics Manager, you could be central to this pursuit - using our rich dataset to understand and ultimately improve the customer journey.
You will ultimately own our Data Warehouse, pulling together around a decade of customer and behavioural data, to identify patterns, test hypotheses, and provide insights to improve all elements of our business.
- Reporting to our Head of Finance, you will be responsible for data analytics, insights and reporting across the business
- Managing the delivery, maintenance and accuracy of all relevant reporting of data
- Lead data analysis and research projects, working closely with Senior Management to understand opportunities and analysis of our product, customers and brand
- Maintenance and configuration of our data warehouse and BI systems
- Review of data accuracy and ensuring structured to support the business needs as they grow and change, challenging current process or structure with insight
- Reviewing, analysing and modifying data including presenting in readable and required formats for users to make strategic decisions
- Data education across the business, including providing training and support for teams and individuals
Who you are:
- Highly numerical and smart with advanced excel skills
- Curious and inquisitive by nature - challenges the status quo, and loves using data to solve problems
- Excellent analysis skills, with a practical working knowledge of databases and data manipulation
- Proficient with Python, SQL and AWS
- Able to think outside the box, developing hypotheses and then testing them
- An adept communicator, able to distil sometimes complicated information into simple and clear guidance to a broad audience
- Well organised and diligent with the ability to manage multiple priorities at once
- Proven experience with increasing efficiency through process improvement identified in data analysis
Some nice things you’ll get
- Complementary spectacles
- Bespoke holiday allowance
- Personalised training and development with exclusive access to the YCN platform
- Yoga classes and lots of company socials
- Mental Health Partnership with Thrive: Mental Wellbeing
- Unlimited You Can Now Business Skills Training
- Qualified financial expert Bippit
Contract: (Full Tim, Kings Cross)
Level: Manager Level 2 to Senior Manager Level 1
Salary: £35,367 to £42,230