Accounting Assistant position will be heavily involved in the day-to-day accounting process and month-end close; the preparation of monthly journal entries. This position reports to the Accounting & Reporting manager.
Accounting Assistant works as part of the accounting team in multiple locations which manages, and executes all accounting functions for Wheely entities in all countries of presence.
Wheely is a Swiss-founded British luxury services company. We lean into both cultural identities: Swiss privacy and British prestige hospitality. Our product combines highly-trained chauffeurs, fine in-car experiences, and instant journey availability via a well-designed app.
Our mission is helping clients reclaim their time, by connecting them to the places and people that matter to them in a thoughtful, discreet, and efficient manner—whether that’s journeys to the office, picking up their relatives from the airport, or taking their children to school.
- Process payments to vendors and other creditors via bank transfer
- Process expense report payments to employees
- Reconcile bank statements for accounts payable, accounts receivable, payroll, and other accounts and make notes of each payment made in the tracking system
- Review bank card transactions made and gather supporting documents
- Posting OPEX in accounting system in accordance with accounting standards and internal policies
- Reconcile aged payable reports each month to confirm that all amounts posted/paid were accurate
- Record fixed asset acquisitions and disposals and reconcile balances each month
- Manage and record monthly payroll data into Payroll application and provide guidance to various departments related to their payroll calculation
- Assist with month end and year end closing activities to ensure timely reporting
- Perform additional duties as assigned by accounting management
- Bachelor’s Degree in Accounting
- At least three years experience in various areas of accounting - expenses, fixed assets, accounts payable, payroll accounting and taxation
- Knowledge of general acceptable accounting principles
- Effective communication skills, both verbal and written
- Strong organisational ability
- Ability to consistently meet all deadlines
- Ability to work independently and as part of a team
- Excellent English language proficiency