We are building the world's best collaboration tool for engineers, product managers, and designers to plan, track, and document their work together. We're an early stage startup backed by some of Europe's leading investors. We are an equal opportunities employer looking for someone to come join our diverse, multi-national team on this challenging journey.
Location: Remote (Europe)
To apply: Please email firstname.lastname@example.org
Your application should include:
- A copy of your CV and optionally a cover letter
- Link to your GitHub profile and LinkedIn (if applicable).
- Link to any side-projects or open source contributions you're proud of.
Our mission is to create a collaborative tool that's loved by developers, product leaders and every other member of your team.
- Superthread has integrated a wiki and issue tracker under one roof. It's dead simple to use. You can create, organise and find projects, pages and tasks at the speed of thought. You can drag-drop anything, anywhere. This means that developers and the rest of the team can adapt their processes quickly and intuitively. No more app switching or knowledge silos. Teams stay aligned and deliver faster and better.
- Superthread is 10x faster than other products and won't slow down as data grows. Due to our speed and scalability oriented architecture, users can create and jump between tasks and documentation super-fast. It stays fast regardless if you have ten or ten million tasks. This saves time and makes teams stick to one tool - forever! It results in better coordination and improved trust.
What you'll do
- You'll work with others to build new product features from start to finish: through conception, design, implementation, and maintenance. For example, you might build a reusable component that displays up-to-date information in a kanban board or embedded in a document.
- Elevate the quality of the product by proactively identifying user experience problems before they ship. You don't just flag issues for others to solve—you communicate potential alternatives and research solutions with your teammates to proactively fix them.
- Implement novel techniques to ensure our customers have the fastest possible experience. Whether it's tree shaking, server side rendering or fine tuning cache-control headers and proxies, you'll do whatever it takes to shave off every millisecond possible.
- Mentor others and set the bar for code quality and best practices. You are opinionated and know exactly what is required for everyone to perform at their best yet humble enough to help your team members meet the same standards.
You should apply for this role if you
- Have a high bar for quality of code and quality of user experience.
- Care deeply about performance and celebrate each millisecond saved.
- Enjoy mentoring and helping other engineers grow.
- Have a bias for action.
- Are sick of using sub-standard collaboration tools and are excited by the opportunity to build the new best in class.
We are a remote first company and believe in trusting self driven people to navigate ambiguity, make pragmatic decisions, and communicate them empathetically.
We think you'll need
- Strong problem solving and debugging skills.
- Deep knowledge of CSS to craft beautiful and responsive components.
- ~4+ years of experience with Vue or a similar framework (React), understanding its core principles such as components, reactivity, and the virtual DOM.
- Proficiency with modern development tools, like Babel, Webpack, and Git.
- A solid experience building and testing applications on top of RESTful APIs.
- Experience with websockets and concept of "local-first".
- Experience collaborating directly with product managers and designers.
- English doesn't need to be your first language but proficiency is required.
Nice to haves
- You're familiar with the Vue ecosystem, including Vue CLI, Vuex, Vue Router.
- You’ve used libraries such as quilljs, sortable or vue-draggable before to build production-ready applications.
- You've implemented scalable design systems before.
What we can offer you
We value all ideas and opinions and we pride ourselves on the fact that all employees play a vital role in the design and success of Superthread.
If you decide to join us on our mission you will have:
- A chance to help define and build your ideal collaboration tool
- A competitive salary and equity
- Employee-friendly equity terms
- Macbook Pro (or preferred alternative), external monitor, and accessories
- Remote first environment, no commuting to the office.
- Work from home office budget.
- 5 weeks paid leave.
- Access to co-working spaces.
- A learning budget.