Conception X is a venture programme that turns today’s PhD research into tomorrow’s deeptech startups.
Since launching in 2018 as a public innovation pilot within University College London, it has quickly grown as an independent not-for-profit that attracts aspiring PhD founders from more than 30 universities across the UK and beyond, offering specialised deeptech training and support alongside their degree and the opportunity to access key early funding to commercialise their research. To date, Conception X has recruited five cohorts, built 260 founding teams and its portfolio startups have gone on to raise more than £27 million.
Marketing and Community Coordinator
Amazing opportunity working for a fast-growing company. We are looking for someone proactive who can help us push our community building efforts to the next level, whether by experimenting with new channels to reach the next best teams to join the programme, spreading the word about us at events to help generate leads or drafting the next email campaign. It’s an exciting role that you can make your own – with a lot of room for growth as the company expands.
We are looking for someone based in London, with opportunities to work from our office and from home.
Main Duties and Responsibilities:
Including but not limited to:
Brand and community building (40%)
- Strengthen existing relationships within the deeptech community including mentors, investors and academics
- Build relations with potential mentors, experts, investors, potential programme participants and leading members of the deeptech community to grow the Conception X brand, and work closely with the Head of Content and Editorial to define and deliver targeted outreach strategies
- Support Hub Manager in engaging current students and alumni on Slack and at cohort events, facilitate cohort meetups and knowledge sharing, and help build cohort identity
- Research and participate in events to build community and boost brand awareness
- Support with production of collateral for events and the programme.
Digital marketing campaigns (30%)
- Support the Head of Content and Editorial and Operations Team on email campaigns (e.g. newsletters, event communications)
- Support the production and delivery of standout social media content and engaging campaigns
- Test new social media channels (e.g. Instagram, TikTok) to reach key audiences with on-brand, fresh, interesting and innovative content.
Admin support (30%)
- Track media coverage and maintain up-to-date media list
- Support with adjustments to visual content templates on Canva, Google Docs and Google Slides as needed
- Support with collection of cohort information and visual materials ahead of social media campaigns and events
- Assist with on-the-day support for programme and community events
- Any other task that is deemed as appropriate and within the competence of the individual.
- Undergraduate degree in a relevant subject and min. 2 years of progressively responsible experience in a similar role
- Experience creating sharp, clean content for a variety of channels, adapting tone and style as needed based on target audience
- Ability to communicate and collaborate effectively with a diverse range of people and job functions
- Strategic, strong execution with attention to detail, good communication, collaborative, excellent organisational skills
- Demonstrated interest in technology, startups, innovation and education
- Proactive, able to work under pressure & enjoy developing ideas from scratch
- Good team spirit with the ability to work independently
- An eye for design and previous experience using Canva, Adobe CC or other software
- Willingness to learn and improve your skills
- Someone keen to get involved and help out as needed outside of key responsibilities listed above – we’re a small team!
- Experience using a CRM
- Experience working with Google Workspace
Must be based in London.
- Salary of £28-30K per annum
- Full-time role
- Friendly, open and transparent culture
- You'll get to join a passionate startup with proven traction on its scaling journey
- We adopt a hybrid approach with flexible working hours / ability to work from home
- 27 days’ holiday plus all bank holidays
- Private health insurance.
How to Apply:
Please submit your CV and cover letter outlining your relevant experience and suitability for the role. Applications without a cover letter will not be considered.
Closing Date for Applications:
14 December 2022
Ideally late January/early February 2023